Clear All

• GOTD 7-9-13

Epiphone E422T Century (1967)

40U-5300\_front.jpeg

40U-5300\_back.jpeg

40U-5300\_side.jpeg

40U-5300\_tailpiece.jpeg

Attached Files
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

EC, double bound 16" body, sunburst finish on maple top, f-holes, dark natural finish on maple back and sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, 20 frets, 1 HOT P-90 pickup, trapeze tailpiece, adjustable rosewood bridge, large w-b-w pickguard with (faded) epsilon (slashed C) logo, headstock overlay features logo, 3-on-a-plate tuners, built in Kalamazoo, this is the Epi version of the Gibson ES-125T, 1-5/8" nut, 24-3/4" scale, with OSSC, on consignment - price reduced 

$1295

Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• lz4005
      lz4005 commented
      Editing a comment

I dig that guitar a lot.
      But talk about having to use a wound G.

Not only do I like everything about this guitar but I also like Elderly Instruments.  Not only is Elderly Instruments one of the best music stores I have ever encountered but they are also one of the most reliable, and longest lasting, dealers of old guitars I have ever bought old and playable guitars from.  If somebody was interested in acquiring and playing old guitars I highly recommend Elderly Instruments as an excellent place to start.

Like the description says, this version of the Epiphone Century is very similar to, and made in the same Kalamazoo, Michigan factory as, the same era Gibson ES-125T.  The pickup is a genuine 1960s Gibson P-90.  At the time this Epiphone Century was made Epiphone was not Gibson's budget brand- Kalamazoo was.

Comment

• Hubert Stumblin
      Hubert Stumblin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. In a heartbeat at that price. Hot Hot Hot.

• BydoEmpire
      BydoEmpire commented
      Editing a comment

Roy Brooks wrote:

Not only do I like everything about this guitar but I also like Elderly Instruments.  Not only is Elderly Instruments one of the best music stores I have ever encountered but they are also one of the most reliable, and longest lasting, dealers of old guitars I have ever bought old and playable guitars from.  If somebody was interested in acquiring and playing old guitars I highly recommend Elderly Instruments as an excellent place to start.

I'll second that.  I've never bought a guitar from Elderly, but I have bought a lot of other stuff from them over the last decade+: books, CDs, strings, miscellaneous equipment, and I've called them to ask questions about some of their used guitars.  Never had anything but a first-class experience.

It's pretty good. I like semi-hollows and P90s, but the lack of cutaway and lack of a second pickup would probably deter me if I was looking to buy. So I say it's hot, but wouldn't buy it.

Comment

Must be the Americana music boom driving prices up, because a decade ago the equivalent Gibson or Guild would have gone for like $600.

Comment

• mrbrown49
        mrbrown49 commented
        Editing a comment

Special J wrote:
        Must be the Americana music boom driving prices up, because a decade ago the equivalent Gibson or Guild would have gone for like $600.

A decade ago lunch cost under five bucks too.

I love the REAL old US made Epiphones.

Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

Working...
      X