GOTD 7-9-13

kayd_mon

• Members

EC, double bound 16" body, sunburst finish on maple top, f-holes, dark natural finish on maple back and sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, 20 frets, 1 HOT P-90 pickup, trapeze tailpiece, adjustable rosewood bridge, large w-b-w pickguard with (faded) epsilon (slashed C) logo, headstock overlay features logo, 3-on-a-plate tuners, built in Kalamazoo, this is the Epi version of the Gibson ES-125T, 1-5/8" nut, 24-3/4" scale, with OSSC, on consignment - price reduced 

$1295

• Members

Not only do I like everything about this guitar but I also like Elderly Instruments.  Not only is Elderly Instruments one of the best music stores I have ever encountered but they are also one of the most reliable, and longest lasting, dealers of old guitars I have ever bought old and playable guitars from.  If somebody was interested in acquiring and playing old guitars I highly recommend Elderly Instruments as an excellent place to start.

Like the description says, this version of the Epiphone Century is very similar to, and made in the same Kalamazoo, Michigan factory as, the same era Gibson ES-125T.  The pickup is a genuine 1960s Gibson P-90.  At the time this Epiphone Century was made Epiphone was not Gibson's budget brand- Kalamazoo was.

• Members

Roy Brooks wrote:

Not only do I like everything about this guitar but I also like Elderly Instruments.  Not only is Elderly Instruments one of the best music stores I have ever encountered but they are also one of the most reliable, and longest lasting, dealers of old guitars I have ever bought old and playable guitars from.  If somebody was interested in acquiring and playing old guitars I highly recommend Elderly Instruments as an excellent place to start.

I'll second that.  I've never bought a guitar from Elderly, but I have bought a lot of other stuff from them over the last decade+: books, CDs, strings, miscellaneous equipment, and I've called them to ask questions about some of their used guitars.  Never had anything but a first-class experience.

Archived