Sold my 335:(

thom

• Members

It was big, uncomfortable, the exact opposite of a telecaster (pretty much THE perfect electric imo)...

And yet for some reason I f*cking loved that guitar. Feedbackairysustainbeefyovertones...Just perfect for pretty much any style I could think of, versatile and inspirting as hell. Not dry and tight like a Les Paul, not as prsitine and perfect sounding, more messy and forgiving, but still with the same sort of balls and grit. Whatever, I suck at guitar revies, I guess anyone who's familiar with semi hollows probably knows what I mean.  

It was either sell the 335, or sell three of my cheapish fenders, and no matter how much I liked the gibbo, I wasn't willing to sacrifise three of my fenders for it. And I couldn't afford to keep all of 'em, not while I don't even have an amp at home to practice/noodle/record with. 

Thinking of selling some peds and one other electric though, so I can maybe buy a more affordable es-335 copy as soon as I get my finances in order. 

Has to be an exact copy, I'm sorta picky about that. Even those big headstocks epiphones make my stomach turn. What about a sub $1000 japanese made replica, like a tokai or burny, fernandes...Mission impossible, right?

I think pretty highly of the Gibson I just sold, and it wasn't even one of the higher end series or anything. I know the days when china and korea made utter crap are long gone, but I'd still much rather get something that's MIJ, in my experience they can be as good -if not better- than the american models they're based on. 

So I'm afraid is comes down to yet another "Recommend me a poor man's ES335?" Sorry:)

• Members

warriorpoet wrote:

Edwards sa-125lts is probably your least expensive bet, then.

We have a winner! :)

Well, if I manage to find one of these in the EU that is, which after a ten min google search seems very unlikely:s

All the specs are there, the right color options, top notch quality according to every single review, a bit under the price point of a gibbo...

If anyone knows where in the EU I can find one, lemme know:)

Archived