Refretting a Gretsch Roc Jet 7610

IrvOnly

• Members

Hi,

My gretsch needs a fret job and I would like to ask for your input on what size of frets to use. Is anyone familiar with this guitar? What kind of fret would you use. I would like to try Dunlops 6501 but Im concerned about it not fitting properly because of the zero fret this guitar has.

Thanks in advanced for your help

• Members

Hi,

My gretsch needs a fet job and I would like to ask for your input on what size of frets to use. Is anyone familiar with this guitar? What kind of fret would you use. I would like to try Dunlops 6501 but Im concerned about it not fitting properly because of the zero fret this guitar has.

Thanks in advanced for your help

You should replace the zero fret as well. I refretted a 6120 last year (one of the double cut ones) and I used FW74 from here:

http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdproducts.asp?CategoryName=Fretting&NameProdHeader=+Fretwire

and it was pretty darn close if not perfect to the original. Remember you're going to lose a little height when you level them, etc....

Are there any frets on yours that are not really worn that you could measure to give you an idea what you're looking for?

I'm doing a White Falcon right now and this is what I was going to use.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hey man! did u used the same fretwire for the zero fret? I finally decided to restore this guitar but I purchased a single set not higher fret for the zero fret. Can I do that?

What's the height difference in the gretsch guitars you have refretted....zero fret against regular frets?

Archived