My Guitar has faded!

plasticscouse

• Members

plasticscouse wrote:

DSCF390h6.jpg

My Epi Has Faded, I have left it on a stand in the Sun for years, my own fault yes.Its got a yellowish tinge to it now. I didn't think Poly did that?

Anythought besides that fact that I'm an idiot for letting it happen?

Not at all - that yellowing comes from the formation of the guitar's soul.

And, fortunately for you, blue and yellow blend together very well.

• Members

It barely went out of tune, just a little tweaking every now and then. 

It was bought with inhertance money from my grandmother. so good or bad I'm never selling it anyway.I've replaced the bridge with one that didn't have the spring wire, it buzzed because I fiddled with it too much. But other than that it's still solid. I reversed the Bridge pickup years ago because I preferred the look.

The other day I experimented trying the Peter Green mod on flippping the magnet on the bridge pup (just to be different than everyone else who does it on the neck, and I'm not touching the wiring I'm not brave enough) on it, I didn't really like the result and flipped it back. Wax everywhere, but it did seem to lift the pup a little, So I decided to take apart the neck pup as well. Again more wax everywhere I didn't move the magent this time but it seemed to get a similar result. Well to my ears anyway.

I now know that 2004 has the "hot" brige pup and the "57" in the neck that was also used in the DOT bridge and neck so says the stickers, the magents are alnico (well metal not ceramic) and wax potted.

Archived