Your Ultimate Guitar

gardo

• Members

A richenbacker 4001 converted to a guitar.

Or more realistically, a alexi laiho v with the and ibanez ballbearing tremolo, YJM pots, coil splitting, a scalloped fretboard. and it must be made from bubinga with a red wine finish or spalted maple with a purpleheart veneer in it for the striped bevel

• Members

Alexilaiho wrote:

A richenbacker 4001 converted to a guitar.

Or more realistically, a alexi laiho v with the and ibanez ballbearing tremolo, YJM pots, coil splitting, a scalloped fretboard. and it must be made from bubinga with a red wine finish or spalted maple with a purpleheart veneer in it for the striped bevel

Rickenbacker did make a series based on their bass design. It didn't last long.

• Members

Probably the Gibson ES-339, just as it is. I've got one, and it's everything I want in a guitar.

Of course I also enjoy the other guitars in my collection, especially my Jazzmaster and my Les Pauls, but if I had to pick one, ot would be the 339.

• Members

25.5 scale 24 fret neck-thru with a stratish style hardtail semi-hollow body with one f-hole, back-routed.  Neck Gibson 59 profile with compound radius ebony fretboard, medium jumbo frets, five piece construction with maple & purpleheart.  3x3 headstock with a volute in back.  Walnut "wings" on the body, bubinga top cap.  S-H-H pickups, humbuckers coil spilttable with mini-switches.  Strat control layout with master volume and two tone controls.  Hopefully weighs in at 9 pounds or less. 

Yeah, nothing like that in production that I know of.  The closest non-complete custom is to get a Carvin DC 145, but that has an H-S-H layout, is a solid body with no volute, no purpleheart, and it would come in at nearly the same price as going complete custom.  I could put something together from Warmoth using a neck contour cut, but I'm not sure it would give me the upper fret access I'd like up the neck.

• Members

PurpleTrails wrote:

25.5 scale 24 fret neck-thru with a stratish style hardtail semi-hollow body with one f-hole, back-routed.  Neck Gibson 59 profile with compound radius ebony fretboard, medium jumbo frets, five piece construction with maple & purpleheart.  3x3 headstock with a volute in back.  Walnut "wings" on the body, bubinga top cap.  S-H-H pickups, humbuckers coil spilttable with mini-switches.  Strat control layout with master volume and two tone controls.  Hopefully weighs in at 9 pounds or less. 

Yeah, nothing like that in production that I know of.  The closest non-complete custom is to get a Carvin DC 145, but that has an H-S-H layout, is a solid body with no volute, no purpleheart, and it would come in at nearly the same price as going complete custom.  I could put something together from Warmoth using a neck contour cut, but I'm not sure it would give me the upper fret access I'd like up the neck.

Suhr set-neck modern can get you pretty much everything except the 3x3 headstock.  Can you 'option 50' the HSS configuration for a DC 145?

• Members

Perhaps surprisingly to some, nothing exotic, or even remotely rare for me.

The guitar(s) that would very likely keep me interested and probably help me to advance as a player would definately be a Taylor 12 string acoustic/electric and a Taylor 414CE 6 string. Other than those two, the only electric I feel I would need to own would be a classic blackguard Fender Telecaster.

Archived