X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $350 and buying used. Give me suggestions

I've been clearing out most of my gear as i have just moved. 

I'm literally down to one guitar at the moment. A little known strat with 'blade' pickups. 

I've usually been an LP guy but do enjoy flying v's, semi hollows (i.e. 335 type guitars), and others.

Right now the two guitars i have been thinking about are the Dean Leslie West signature (in tobacco burst)- it just seems like a great straight ahead rock machine.

The other has been the Ampeg (dan armstrong) AMG1 this is the doulbe cut with two p90s. Actually played one at a music store the other day but the price tag was a bit much in relation to the shape the guitar was in.

I am very open minded though so throw out any suggestions. I'd like to keep it to $300-$350 MAX and am looking to buy used to get more bang for the buck. I would like for the guitar to be a bit unique as i am tired of the same old. Although i must say i have been gassing for a strat (most of the fenders i've picked up lately have felt amazing in my hands, mostly the mid level MIM). Perhaps one of the fender blacktop models? 

<div class="signaturecontainer">Originally posted by fu2jobu<br><br><br><br>&quot;1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. &quot;<br></div><br><br>FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)<br><br>http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782<br>

Hmmmm... Usually an LP guy, but you've been digging Fenders and might want something a little different - how about a Toronado, if you can track one down. There's also the Cyclone - a cool Mustang-like guitar with a "regular" scale, a bridge HB and a neck Strat single.

Or for currently produced models, how about an Epi Nighthawk? They have a Fender scale, some Fender-ish tones, they're a little different and very cool, and they're easily in your price range (maybe even new).
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• chimi
      chimi commented
      Editing a comment

I would really like the nighthawk if it wasn't for that middle single coil. I just can't get past the looks of it...

The Fender Blacktop models are pretty sweet, so if you can find one for $350 then I'd say go for it. 

My main guitar is a Hagstrom Swede (basically a Les Paul copy) that I bought for $400 with the hard case.  That was a good decision.  If you can find one for cheaper then definitely buy it.

Comment

Great suggestions. Lots of cool options. I'll throw in a suggestion for Hamer import guitars. The older, Korean made imports are especially solid instruments.

Comment

Yamaha RGX320 and RGX520 for the strat meets Paul kinda vibe.
        Also, Godin SD.
        Both of which are easily found in your price range.

Comment

How about a Godin Exit 22. Great guitar for the money. You should be able to get a very nice used one for about $250.00.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&amp;%)7#</div>

Comment

If you want bang for your buck, 350 will get you in the door of a 1980s MIJ instrument that, pound for pound, is as good as anything being made in the US today.

Comment

Working...
          X