Free Stuff Thread (Redux)

Splendor

• Members

Okay...we're gonna try this again and see if it works out better the 2nd time around. If you were a part of the previous thread and are able to follow the rules of this thread, please repost your offering here. The previous thread is now locked but can be viewed here http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1389331

I've got a couple things laying around that I have no use for so I thought I'd offer 'em up to forumites for free.

Here're the rules:

1) Items offered up must be free.

(This means you can't ask for $ or an item in trade for your offering -- asking for help to cover shipping is okay, but if you're looking to 'wheel and deal' please see the SPAM Thread at the top of the forum)

2) To ask for an item, you must first post an available item yourself.

This thread is a way for us to clean out the parts drawer and give that stuff a new home and possibly find something you need in the process. If you're willing to participate in this fashion, come on in...otherwise please leave this thread for those interested.

With the rules out of the way; here is what I've got to offer:

1 Unopened pack of DR Lite Strings for a 12 String Acoustic.

2 Unopened packs of plastic bridge pins (both include an endpin).

1 set of MIM Tele Pickups. (Gone! Going to leopardstar)

If you want one of these items, post your own offering, and email me (splendor AT gmail DOT com).

And please email or PM me prior to posting if you're unsure of how this thread works.

Thanks!

:wave:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i still have a tubescreamer T-S5 (ibanez) that i can't get to work, it lights up when you hit the pedal, but nothing comes out:confused: the bypass works, so maybe someone smarter than me can finger it out. i'm sure i got some other stuff around to, just tired right now, had a great rehersal to nigth tough:D

sorry the phaser is gone from the earlier thread:)

edit: the tubescreamer is gone to:D

• Members

Personally, I think that the person sending the item should pay for the shipping. Sure, it kind of sucks paying to get rid of something, but it makes it all the sweeter not having sent a cent to receive your free item.

That said, I love PIF threads and will look through my stuff tonight to see if I've got anything good enough to give.

• Members

So when I suggest it be an only free stuff thread, I get reamed and insulted. But when Mazi comes in and says EXACTLY what I said, you guys bow down and praise him. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I've got a pair of Duncan Designed humbuckers (HB102, I think). They came out of a Schecter C-1 E/A. The leads are cut really short (they are 4 conductor) to about maybe an inch and half. I'm also not certain if they work otherwise. I could have just been wiring them wrong, but who knows. Maybe they need a repair, I don't know. Anyway, at the very least you could salvage the chrome covers from them (they do say Duncan Designed though, but maybe you could buff that out).

PM if anyone wants them. No guarantees if they work, but if you can tinker you might get a a decent set of humbuckers for free.

• Members

Originally posted by mueller

Personally, I think that the person sending the item should pay for the shipping. Sure, it kind of sucks
paying
to get rid of something, but it makes it all the sweeter not having sent a cent to receive your free item.

That said, I love PIF threads and will look through my stuff tonight to see if I've got anything good enough to give.

Yeah, now that you mention it I'm not going to sweat a few bucks if someone wants the PG & trem cover.

I have a ton of stuff just sitting there that may be of use to a fellow forumite. I'll go thru it this weekend and post more.

• Members

Originally posted by dinky1

i have a couple extra instrument cables.shortys 3 ft

do those cables have right angle ends?

i've got a non-working byoc phase 90 clone, not sure whats wrong with it, it worked for a while after i put it together, and then stopped. the phase effect can be turned on and off and heard , but no guitar sound goes through effected, onlhy clean

• Members

^ i wouldn't mind that agile HB, pfindeis

I have a boss ds1 pedal that i attempted to keeley mod (ultra and seeing eye) according to the stats on his site. it doesn't work except it passes the littlest bit of sound when one mod is engaged (i think ultra mod). i did some pretty terrible work trying to solder so some of the components are probably shot but if you want to try and get it working its yours.

• Members

I have a 10 foot Spectraflex cable. It has a woven fabric cover that is purple, black and yellow. Works great, looks great, but it is used. I got it with an amp I just bought.

EDIT: The cable has been claimed...

I also have two Fender neck plates. Both from MIM Strats, both with all four screws. They both have a few scratches but they still look decent.

EDIT: One of the neck plates has been claimed. One left...

I also have a black nylon Levy's strap with leather ends. Great condition. Again, I got it with a guitar I bought used and I don't have any need for it. I also have a strange 70s looking strap that someone could have.

EDIT: The 70s-ish strap has been claimed...

EDIT: The Levy's strap has been claimed too...

A buck or two for shipping would be great, but if not, that's cool too.

Now, since I've put a few things up here for free I'm hoping that someone has two black Peavey chickenhead amp knobs lying around that they are looking to get rid of. :D If they're Fender or some other brand that's OK too. I just bought a Classic 50 and it's missing two knobs. I'll pay a few bucks for shipping if you want... PLEASE!!!

Cheers!

• Members

Great thread. Now it's time to get rid of some stuff;

I have a full set of Ibanez tuners left over from an upgrade. It's from a cheap line, but it held reasonable well -- I upgraded to Schaeller's to match the satin finish on the bridge.

I also have a humbucker that was returned to me hacked after a trade deal gone wrong. I was told that it was from a PRS Santana, but I didn't remove it so I am not certain.

Originally posted by best.album.ever

i've got a non-working byoc phase 90 clone, not sure whats wrong with it, it worked for a while after i put it together, and then stopped. the phase effect can be turned on and off and heard , but no guitar sound goes through effected, onlhy clean

If you still have the Phase 90, I'd love to get a crack at it. Please PM so we can discuss shipping details.

Archived