I have the Slash tone, get in here and be jealous

Slash Tone

• Members

https://soundcloud.com/ultimateslash/slash-tone

I nailed one of the most sought after tones in history. It's over. A big **** you goes out to the community of My Les Paul which repeatedly stated "ER ME GEHD SLASH TOAN IS IN THE FINGERS YOU'LL NEVER GET IT" or joked about the tone being in the hat. Now who is laughing?

People, if you are that stupid to think I'm frauding this tone, listen to how many mistakes I make on the solo at 2:08. If you believe Slash made anywhere near that many mistakes on the original recording, you should worry more about potentially being deaf than achieving the Slash tone.

And the best part is:

You can't have it

A

• Members

BeanoBoy wrote:

After listening to your clip, you have a pretty good ( albeit a tad generic, sorry dude) Hard Rock/quasi Metal tone. ANY references to Slash are suspect at best.

You must be tone deaf. Note how no one else in this thread has agreed with you.

I suggest you go listen to the solo on the original recording and compare the sound to mine. If you can't hear they are almost identical you are kidding yourself.

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

The "secret" has been out for a long time. Plug a les paul into a Marshall and crank it.

That generic tone is nothing like Slash's without the right effects and settings, otherwise lets hear you sound anywhere near as close as me

• Members

Getting jealous over someone "copying" another guitarists tone is like getting jealous over someone tracing a picture of Mickey Mouse. Yeah, we're all impressed that you managed to get the rounded ears with only a few marks outside the line, but you really messed up the face.

• Members

JRicoC wrote:

Is that the same clip from back in December?!  So basically, you're saying you still haven't made any progress on that McFerrin thing?

once one achieves Slash Tone there is no where to go  but down. Kind of like saying youve reached Nirvana, now what?

• Members

JRicoC wrote:

Is that the same clip from back in December?!  So basically, you're saying you still haven't made any progress on that McFerrin thing?

My clip in December was a cover of Sweet Child O' Mine, but that song is kind of boring. I actually had fun while recording this. Let me tell you, when you're sitting there blasting a tone identical to Slash, it is a feeling hardly anyone can achieve. Anyone out there can play like Slash, sure, he's not an amazing guitarist, but to sound like him... good luck.

Archived