String buzz?

Zhorellski

• Members

Sounds like it needs a basic setup is all. Most guitars don't come with very good strings from the factory either.

Setup and new strings should have it playing like butta...

What is it? Got any pictures?

• Members

Zhorellski wrote:

Bought a new guitar and the strings are stiff and buzz on the frets? how long does the string loosens up? or does my guitar has fret buzz?

You have a $2500 guitar and you just asked....I....I just can't live life anymore.

You can haz fret buzz.

• Members

DaleH wrote:

Sounds like it needs a basic setup is all. Most guitars don't come with very good strings from the factory either.

Setup and new strings should have it playing like butta...

^ This, although I'd expect a PRS to be set up better from the factory. Are you in a particularly humid or dry area? These are factors that can affect a guitar's overall setup. Where is the buzz coming from? Does it happen all the time? Just with the string played open? Your guitar could just need a slight adjustment of the bridge or truss rod. It could also have a high fret. No way to tell from here. Take it to a qualified shop, preferably a PRS dealer.

lz4005 wrote:

Zhorellski wrote:

Bought a new guitar and the strings are stiff and buzz on the frets? how long does the string loosens up? or does my guitar has fret buzz?

You have a $2500 guitar and you just asked....I....I just can't live life anymore.

You can haz fret buzz.

:D

Archived