Hi, i am looking to buy a new guitar these days. As of now i play a superstrat. Mahogany body, Canadian hard maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard, and duncan JB, Vintage rail, and 59, and Gotoh floyd rose. It is an awesome guitar But I sometimes need a little bit different flavor or simply a guitar with a better resolution quility. As I say in all of my previous threads, i love Guthrie Govan an Andy Timmons. I looked at some of the guitars. Fender Select and Suhr pro (standard or modern) seem like they suit all my conditions. (Except i really have to break a bank to buy Suhr lines..)
1. I want HSS pickup configuration. If it's HSH or HH i want at least the front pickup being able to coil split or go parallel. Bridge needs to be a humbuggy. Also I want a slightly differently voiced pickup than SD JB.
2. As far as the bodyshape goes, I'd like it to be a superstrat or double cutaway with a fine maple top (either flame or quilted)
3. I want it to get hot enough to cover singing sustain in instrumental solo but I don't want hardcore metal type output. It'd be better if the pickups are dynamic responding.
4. Bridge type.. I don't really care as long as it is not floyd rose. Wilkinson type would be ideal.
5. body wood... Basswood or Alder is awesome. It's ok for it to be Mahogany but i'd rather try something else.
6. So like i said Fender Select strat or suhr pro standrad or modern looked awesome. Also something like Godin Progression boutique or carvin custom guitar looked good too. If you guys know Suhr or Anderson type guitar (all round superstrat with good looking top!!) in a budgetl, shoot me some of those. I can spend maximum up to $1000 used.