No announcement yet.

Set up my music room (pics and clip)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set up my music room (pics and clip)

I just set this room for home recording including basic minimal room treatment (i.e. the corners). I'm usually in a very tight dark part of another room and this is nice and bright. I got a few addition to the humble gear i had, most importantly decent near field monitors. Also a midi keyboard (I sent back the one in the pic and got a 37 keys one) with a nice sound library (JABB3).

I recorded tracks to a tune I recorded with a friend. Originally it was just her singing and me playing the guitar. I added shakers, drums, bass, backing vocals (lol) and a modest attempt at piano. You'll notice that the tempo increases (should have first recorded to a click) and don't judge the mix just yet : it's not done at this point. In fact, anyone with suggestions for panning, EQ and whatever would be of great help.

Here's the clip: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12431692

Music room

desk

Attached Files
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Wow Richard that's a big space.   Wish I had so much room to spread out.  I'll listen to the clip later,  work blocks places like soundcloud and soundclick from playing so I can't listen here at work  Maybe in 12 or so hours 

Originally Posted by Frets99
    I held one note through the whole thing and grimaced like I was being taken from behind by a camel.....

Member MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA
    HCGB #251
    Guitars: F15 Fender Acoustic, F385 Takamine 12 String Acoustic, MIM Fender Strat with BG V60's, MIK Fender Blackout Tele with BG Pure90s, Reverend Manta Ray
    Amps: Mesa TA-15, White Box 1x12 cab, Crate V18 1-12
    Some Pedals

Comment

looks great mate... i have v drum  envy

how are you finding the monitors?

Comment

very, very nice!!!

my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

check out my EP 'Sonic Sketches'

Comment

Hey JKATER,

I always look forward to any of the music that you post. You really are a shining star amongst most that post music. Your stuff is always tastefully recorded and played.

GuitarHeads: http://www.guitarheads.orgSome of My Music: Scott Abene - Reverb Nation"Ich bin Jung und brauche das Geld"-Eko Fresh

Comment

Working...
          X