Say hello to PureSalem Guitars

PureSalem Guitars

• Members

My name is Rick Sell and I am the owner of PureSalem Guitars. We will be an online retailer of our own brand of strange and wonderful guitars. Check us out on Facebook or visit our website and join our mailing list. ALL MODELS AVAILABLE IN LEFT HANDED VERSIONS. Come check us out !!! Thanks.

• Members

PureSalem Guitars wrote:

My name is Rick Sell and I am the owner of PureSalem Guitars. We will be an online retailer of our own brand of strange and wonderful guitars. Check us out on Facebook or visit our website and join our mailing list. ALL MODELS AVAILABLE IN LEFT HANDED VERSIONS. Come check us out !!! Thanks.

hello, puresalem guitars.

i checked out your website.  there's nothing there to speak of, content-wise, so it was a quick visit.  i've never heard of the brands your looking to carry.  pictures would be nice.  i wish you the best of luck with your new endeavor.  please check back in when you have something substantive to share.

• Members

Good luck on you new venture.  I feel confident that it was a mistake selling low-quality prototypes ( essentially your description) on Ebay with the PureSalem name on the headstock. Some of those looked really , really bad and although the description did say they did not meet your standards and you sold them dirt cheap, you still watered down your brand before you even launched.

I hope things work out for you and thanks for offering so many lefties.  I'll check out the site. ( edit: Dude, get your site up with pictures of what you're offering)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Rick: I wanted to say thanks on this forum to let everyone know how responsive you have been to all of my questions and comments through PureSalem.com. I hope your service stays that good when the ball is really rolling for you which should be soon right?

Players: I have been around a while and played my share. I was lucky to score the blue Wood Soul that Gearmandude sold off and was in his YouTube video. I'd rather be playing guitar than writing about it but I took the time for this because I was truly impressed with the build. I hope Rick gets this thing off the ground and has the support he needs from players to sustain it. I was impressed with the over all quality, the finish, the setup, and the Kent Armstrong P90s (never used them before) are frickin' killer! And these are just the prototypes! I'm got serious GAS for a Tom Cat and Reverberation. Keep watching these guys!

• Members

Don't you think as a new contributor/forumite that the below sounds just a tad suspicious?

zippeedooda wrote:

Rick: I wanted to say thanks on this forum to let everyone know how responsive you have been to all of my questions and comments through PureSalem.com. I hope your service stays that good when the ball is really rolling for you which should be soon right?

Players: I have been around a while and played my share. I was lucky to score the blue Wood Soul that Gearmandude sold off and was in his YouTube video. I'd rather be playing guitar than writing about it but I took the time for this because I was truly impressed with the build. I hope Rick gets this thing off the ground and has the support he needs from players to sustain it. I was impressed with the over all quality, the finish, the setup, and the Kent Armstrong P90s (never used them before) are frickin' killer! And these are just the prototypes! I'm got serious GAS for a Tom Cat and Reverberation. Keep watching these guys!

I love when luthiers who make their own stuff or companies who are doing their own R&D occasionally let us know what they're up to. However, if you want spam space, contact the owners of Harmony Central and get yourself a banner. Some of your offerings do look pretty cool. I like the Wood Soul model.

• Members

Hey kayd_mon: Thanks! You hav equite a collection yourself! The "natural" is indeed neck thru, a '79 IBZ MC 400 Musician, ash & walnut and a beast @ somewhere around 12 lbs.....ya...really! Sustain up the yahoo though. You easily find all the specs but factory switchable preamp, 3 band EQ, and coil tap for each pup lets you dial in everything from tele to LP at your fingertips! The "cream" is a '78 IBZ CN200 which started out as pure white. I love how the color "aged" and no finish cracks or binding shrinkage! It's got the famous "flying fingers" pups which @ around 11 ohms resitance just scream! Not pictured are some of my other favs....tobacco sunburst Srat Ultra which is a go to 'cept in a dive bar, a pristine 50's Isana birds eye maple archtop for jazz/swing, and a Gibson S-1 with early Bill Lawrence blade single coils which is a tele killer. Thanks for your kind comments and interest. I wish others were so.

Archived