Musician's Friend just lost a customer

wankdeplank

• Members

Just got the warehouse sale catalogue for August today in the mail.  Three pages into it I see Steven Tyler Artist Series Hohner Harmonica on sale for 7.99.  Decide to get online immediately to fill a couple of holes in my harp collection (Bb and F).  I go online to the warehouse sale site and immediately get drawn into some kind of scam for a $100 gift card.  It eventually kicks me out because, no I don't want an insurance quote or a mortgage refinance.  Cannot call up this harmonica in the browser either by name or by number.  Finally locate it by scrolling through the offerings only to discover when I hit the link that it is UNAVAILABLE.  At which point I am directed to price point alternatives, i.,e., cheap non-professional quality harmonicas.

Free shipping all month, I was going to order some strings and things as well, but not now.  I abhor FALSE ADVERTISING.:smiley-angry047: 

• Members

Bitterdale wrote:

Bear in mind, the printed catalog will always be the last to advertise a sale. By the time it makes it to you, it's already been on sale for some time.

Fair enough, guess I'll have to keep my ear a little closer to the internet in the future to cash in on this kinda thing.  Alls forgiven then but I'd still like that ten minutes back that I spent looking for the item and spilling personal information and filling out a survey for a gift certificate that never materialized.

• Members

Hey wankdeplank,

My name is Luke and I work for Musician's Friend. I am sorry to read that the item you were interested in purchasing was sold out and in regards to the $100 off ad you saw on our site this does not sound like one of our offers and I assure you in no way are we promoting anything like this. This was likely a popup that was not affiliated with our company. If you email us directly I would be happy to dig into this further for you and also see if there is anything we can do to make up for the frustration of that harmonica being sold out. The last thing we would want is to lose your business as we value every one of our customers. If you would like to contact us you can reach us at forums@musiciansfriend.com. I hope to hear from you and look forward to your reply!

Luke Waala

Night Supervisor

Musiciansfriend.com

877-880-5907

• Members

Lwaala wrote:

Hey wankdeplank,

My name is Luke and I work for Musician's Friend. I am sorry to read that the item you were interested in purchasing was sold out and in regards to the $100 off ad you saw on our site this does not sound like one of our offers and I assure you in no way are we promoting anything like this. This was likely a popup that was not affiliated with our company. If you email us directly I would be happy to dig into this further for you and also see if there is anything we can do to make up for the frustration of that harmonica being sold out. The last thing we would want is to lose your business as we value every one of our customers. If you would like to contact us you can reach us at forums@musiciansfriend.com. I hope to hear from you and look forward to your reply!

Luke Waala

Night Supervisor

Musiciansfriend.com

877-880-5907

Luke, I tried purchasing something the other day, and it was immediately held up by some technical difficulty on your end. I went to Amazon for a similar item and didn't have a problem, and got it for much cheaper.

When I bought my Ric 620/12 in 2011, I requested and paid for overnight shipping. You guys didn't even send it out for a week, and I got it the next week. When I called, the customer service representative laughed at me, and didn't offer me a refund for the overnight shipping. See, had I known you guys were so unprofessional, I would have ordered somewhere else, but I certainly would not have paid so much money for overnight shipping. See, when someone pays almost 2000 dollars for something, plus almost one hundred bucks in shipping, I think they deserve some respect, and should get the instrument ASAP.

The last time I tried buying an instrument from you guys was in 2012, when I got an Ibanez hollowbody. Amazon didn't have that model, and I decided to give you guys another chance. It was like you were adding insult to injury, because it was a 500 dollar instrument, and I accepted the free shipping, but I received it much quicker than the Rickenbacker from the year before. I think I can thank Fed Ex for that, though, since you guys still didn't send it out for a couple of days.

Tl;dr for Luke: You will not receive my business for anymore guitars.

Archived