Takamine Solid Body Electrics Info?

Deep Heart

• Members

Does anyone have any information on Takamine Solid Body Electric guitars. I have a model GX-200BT. They are obviously a rare instrument since the Takamine corporation cannot tell me anything about it. If anyone has any info on one of these, please share. Thanks!

• Members

Ever hear of Google?

Maybe you'll actually look before making an account and asking your questions on this forum next time!!

Just kidding.. I never get to be the first to bash the newcomers. Welcome though, we're all not like this :D

• Members

Bullshit - we are all like this!

Takamine doesn't even make solid body electric guitars. Are you freakin' high on drugs or something? WTF?!?

:D I've played several of those 80s Takamines, a couple Explorer-ish guitars, and one crazy Misfits looking bass. All were neck thru and very nice quality.

My old bass player got the bass in like 2000, and we could find zero info on it then. Seems there is more out there now.

Welcome - Where's your pics?

antiquecamera2.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Does anyone have any information on Takamine Solid Body Electric guitars. I have a model GX-200BT. They are obviously a rare instrument since the Takamine corporation cannot tell me anything about it. If anyone has any info on one of these, please share. Thanks!

I have a Gx200T I bought new in 1984. The 6 string axes were only made for 3 years. Don't know anything about bass models. I love mine and would put it up against anything as far as playability goes. It doesn't sound so sweet like a Gibson but, it's action and narrow neck makes it super fast. Hope my tid bit helps you alittle.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

A friend of mine has a Takimine Solid body electric guitar and he was asking me to look up some information  for him.  I saw it sitting there with the name on the top.  Just two days ago. Never paid much attention to it he just wrote the GX-200 BT  number and Takimine on a piece of paper.  I could get pictures this weekend.

Archived