In your opinion.... which artist(s) or band(s) should wrap it up

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

None of them really. Who am I to say? Working in concert production, I often work with artists that are past their prime. But that's their livelihood and in many cases the one thing that's keeping them going. In a lot of cases, it's not like these guys have 401k's, pensions or even health insurance.

There are people who I don't care to listen to anymore, and unless I'm getting paid to do so, I won't. But that doesn't mean that someone doesn't still want to hear them play (obviously, since some that I wouldn't see are still selling plenty of tickets).

• Members

Any of the bands who no longer enjoy it!

If a band I used to like has lost it in my eyes, I don't listen to their newer stuff. It doesn't annoy me for them to continue making music. For instance, I do not care for any Metallica songs within the last fifteen years. So I just listen to the stuff I do like, and move on. Others are welcome to contiue their fandom, though.

• Members

Special J wrote:

None of them really. Who am I to say? 

There are people who I don't care to listen to anymore, and unless I'm getting paid to do so, I won't. But that doesn't mean that someone doesn't still want to hear them play (obviously, since some that I wouldn't see are still selling plenty of tickets).

Pretty much sums it up for me, too.  Who am I to say someone shouldn't do another tour if they're able?  On a whim I saw Santana a couple years ago because I got tickets really cheap.  I wasn't expecting a whole lot even though I'm a fan, but wow, he blew me away.  It'd be easy for soemone to day "man, "Smooth" sucks, Santana has gone downhill" but I'll tell you what, it was a great show.  Easy to criticize without actually listening.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

For instance, I do not care for any Metallica songs within the last fifteen years. So I just listen to the stuff I do like, and move on. Others are welcome to contiue their fandom, though.

And I hated all of their early stuff up until the Black Album..... In my teen years there was one sure fire way to get me pissed .... playing that Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning She-I-it !!!

• Members

@JRicoC

When all the original members change except one, sometimes I think that they should just leave the name behind. On a related note, I am interested to check out the new Pumpkins stuff. I was listening to GIsh last week, and I remembered that he was working on a huge album or something.

Archived