NBANGD!

boytbpc

• Members

New belated aluminum neck guitar day!

Last week I picked up a Kramer 450G.  It was filthy, rusted, dirty pots, jack shorted whenever you move, pickups too low, intonation way off, the poor thing hadn't been properly setup in years.  Of course, that just made it cheaper. :) A few hours of hard labor, and now I have a cool, unique, odd guitar to play.

Once you get used to the neck, it is a lot of fun.  It has great electronics and pickups sound fine (alnico 5 magnets.) 

KramerKramerKramerKramerKramerKramer

• Members

Wow, really interesting guitar! The neck looks pretty sweet and I like the way the lines on the back work between the body and the neck - also you don't see pickups mounted like that everyday, I'm actually curious to see the inside. Oh, and the wood looks great!

HNGD!

• Members

Preacher wrote:

Wow, really interesting guitar! The neck looks pretty sweet and I like the way the lines on the back work between the body and the neck - also you don't see pickups mounted like that everyday, I'm actually curious to see the inside. Oh, and the wood looks great!

HNGD!

The pickups mounting is cool.  The two outer allen screws connect to the pickups with springs, like normal, through holes drilled through the wood..  The middle screw attaches the the body and holds it all tight.  

Archived