Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have guitarists FINALLY accepted Line 6?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same reason that you don't come across very many truly ugly pop singers.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

I would imagine that band that seeks a hipster image may shun Line 6, primarily for aesthetic reasons. In other types of bands, I don't expect it would be much of an issue.
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Some of there stuff is good, it's like boss, affordable (mostly) used by noobs and pros alike, some. Products are good, some okay, and some not so good. The spider is usually related to the GC kids...I don't have a spider, but do have a digital modeling amp, they aren't crap. Line 6 also has the pod, which many like.

Comment

Most of the time you don't need a massive amp collection, but instead just 1 good amp plus a few pedals, maybe a multi FX.

I loved the idea of Line 6, right up until I played through one of the early combos. Owned a POD pro for a while (couldn't ever get a sound I liked) and have come to the conclusion that modelling stuff isn't for me. No acceptance here then.
          http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

F-no!

Comment

I accepted Line6 a long time ago...but..

I do not use Line6 gear. Line6 gear is gear I would love to like. It's very convient has a million different tone settings and once you get used to interacting with their stuff its pretty easy to use. I prefer a "real" (not simulated) amp to Line6 equipment. I find that Line6 equipment makes your guitar sound lack in specific ways that cannot be quantified until you place it head to head with "Real" amp. Line6 is a cool company and I love thier ideas and product concepts but for me the sound they put out just don't cut it for me.

Check out my guitar lessons at www.joesguitarlessons.com

Comment

• Malfunction
                Malfunction commented
                Editing a comment

My only gripe with Line6 is that a can

Working...
            X