Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite non Fender Strat?

I didn't say "best" on purpose, too subjective. I've owned a few Carvin Bolt kits and liked them well enough, but I picked up a Bolt Classic the other day that damn near pays itself. It's the Bolt that Carvin finishes and puts together for you versus you doing it yourself. I've always loved the Carvin ebony necks but found the Bolt necks super thin. This one has a much larger neck that fills my hand nicely and was ordered with real MOP block inlays. Looks nice with the satin black body, black pick guard and ebony fretboard. How about you?

9bfdc764d25b7b06655cc9a4182ed529\_zpsc65b69a9.jpg

Attached Files
    I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

For a traditional strat I like the Tokai from the early 80s.

In a modern version I like the G&L Comanche.

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

• MaxVolume
      MaxVolume commented
      Editing a comment

Suhr. :smileythumbsupsmall:

PRS EG
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

The ones I build myself, by a long way.  That's the beauty of a strat or a tele, they were meant to mod.  We should all have one that's the perfect fit.

Lonnie99 wrote:

9bfdc764d25b7b06655cc9a4182ed529\_zpsc65b69a9.jpg

sp

Attached Files

Comment

• tvvoodoo
      tvvoodoo commented
      Editing a comment

I think that Carvin might be my favourite too - I like the jazzmasterish block inlays on strats a lot.

All four strats I have are non-fender .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

This week, it's my most recent frankenbuild / refinish.

Like it so much I had to make a themed strap for it too, just finished last night

Restrained

Attached Files

Comment

• pathofspirit
      pathofspirit commented
      Editing a comment

I used to have a Fernandes that I got in the fall of '84. Great guitar.

Music Man Silhouette

I don't play a lot of fancy guitar. I don't want to play it. The kind of guitar I want to play is mean, mean licks.
    ~ John Lee Hooker

Comment

• Patuney
      Patuney commented
      Editing a comment

Levinson Blade, the early Swiss made ones.

Comment

Working...
    X