X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LYX Guitars

Hey everybody,

Has anyone else tried the LYX line of hollow-body guitars yet? I just bought one on-line and it's not bad at all, I was a little cautious about buying one at first because they are made in China, but with a price like under $500 with a custom case I thought I couldn't go wrong, now I'm not saying they are the best guitar I have ever played, but the quality was surprisingly good.

Has anyone else had a chance to play one? How do you like it?

I wasn't expecting very much, I've spent more money on worse guitars with more well known names, so I thought I would have an open mind about them, glad I did, honestly prob going to pick up the Laguna also (I have the rebel). here is their website       yvesguitarshack.com

The only issue I had was that I had to replace the god awful strings that came with it, Epiphones are up into the $600's here and then you have to get a case, these LYX are no better or worse, just less expensive. And I'm ok with that ;-)

Comment

• Imthere
      Imthere commented
      Editing a comment

idk ceramic pickiups ona $400 guitar?

Basswood body is a deal breaker.

Comment

• 1001gear
      1001gear commented
      Editing a comment

also spielt yves guitars hack on googuh.

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

D Carroll wrote:

What's wrong with Basswood?  I like it, albeith soft but the tone is great.

• Bucksstudent
      Bucksstudent commented
      Editing a comment

D Carroll wrote:

And you realize that it's the same wood used on Joe Satriani's signature guitar, right?

I think basswood is good when you have decent pickups. It's a little bright sounding for my tastes, but there's nothing wrong about it. Just think about how alder and ash were the cheap woods when Leo Fender was building guitars.

Working...
X