Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get a simple active circuit?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a simple active circuit?

Years ago I had an Aria Pro II bass with a basic 2-way active/passive switch and I loved the fat rich bright active signal (and it was pretty cool using it as a kill switch with no battery). After looking around a bit I can't seem to find a simple circuit like that, mainly just stuff like 'clapton circuit' or whatever. Wanting to put it on a single-humbucker shred style guitar for a boost to leads or just a great signal going into a tube amp. Any advice?

I should say it has to be a true bypass thing so I can still use it in passive with no battery (or a dead battery)

Comment

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

Hey Danswon, I love the boost circuit too and have been looking for one to put in one of my strats.  I found this...  http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/PASFX/Seymour-Duncan-Pickup-Booster-Circuit.html but can't find any information other than what I have included here.  Maybe you will have more luck?  I may eventually just bite the bullet and buy it in the next few days.

I have the Clapton one in another strat (a deluxe powercaster body) and love it but it was made for it and I don't want to sqeeze too much into the control cavity of the strat I'm considerfing the boost mod for.

Working...
X