Miley Virus turning up the heat at the 2013 VMA's

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

I watched half of the VMAs before bed last night. I thought Miley Cyrus looked awkward.

Lady Gaga and Kanye had good performances, though. Also, there was this girl who sang before the real show... I forget her name, but she had a great voice. The song wasn't all that great to me, but I liked her vocals.

• Members

I saw a little glimpse of it this morning.  It's hard to say which is sadder, Miley's performance being carried on an awards show or that the morning news shows thought it was worth covering.

Now I do think it's pure {censored}e, but from a "marketing of the talent" standpoint, I do think it's a bit intriquing.

Obviously her "Hanna Motana" days were waning so she's been retooling herself to this bad girl persona for some time now.  Her manager's probably realize she doesn't have enough talent to endure, so it's an interesting last gasp (or grasp) at milking her celebrity status.  But what tools will she use to follow this up?

• Members

ugameus wrote:

I can't believe I watched that.  I want my 4 minutes of life back.

Yep.  I kept skipping ahead to see what the fuss was about.  Miley Cyrus "rapping" and doing the rap hand motions?  Ugh.  It was only offensive to my taste in music.  Another terrible pop performance, what's the big deal?  Did I skip past "the good part?"

• Members

I had a friend that lived in Japan for a couple years, and during his time there, Miley Cyrus became famous for her Hannah Montana show. He didn't hear about it in Japan, and when he came back to the US, he saw a cardboard standup tof Miley Cyrus at a Target advertising whatever. He said, "why would they put such an ugly child on an ad?"

So I guess the attractiveness is subjective. But anyway, I always chuckle at that story.

• Members

humbuckerstrat Super Contributor

6:11 PM

Elias Graves wrote:

Ah yes, time to bring out the teddy bears and encourage the pedophiles in the audience.

That was a pretty sickening "performance."

Dude, she's 20. That means "legal," @ least in my state.

Add Comment

Kudo 0

I'm talking about the teddy bears. Bad imagery.

No, she's legal and can do what she wants but glamorizing sexualities child worship is creepy as ****.

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

humbuckerstrat Super Contributor

6:11 PM

Elias Graves wrote:

Ah yes, time to bring out the teddy bears and encourage the pedophiles in the audience.

That was a pretty sickening "performance."

Dude, she's 20. That means "legal," @ least in my state.

Add Comment

Kudo 0

I'm talking about the teddy bears. Bad imagery.

No, she's legal and can do what she wants but glamorizing sexualities child worship is creepy as ****.

Oh thumb.gif

Archived