A few glamour shots for your holiday weekend

docjeffrey

• Members

I caught my Custom Shop Les Paul '58 lounging on my deck this morning, so I snapped a few shots. The late '90's and early '00's were great years for R8's. It seemed really expensive at the time, but in retrospect, $3K was not too outrageous, considering that non-custom shop LP's (Standard Plus) go for around that price these days. This is a LOUD guitar. I've tried to figure out why it has such an authoritative voice compared with my other Lesters (i own 7). I've decided that it comes down to the quality of the mahogany and the fat neck. This one is from Wildwood Guitars purchased new in 2002.

r8a.jpg

r8b.jpg

r8c.jpg

• Members

Dr. Scottie C wrote:

Obviously no photo of the Kung Fu mispelled "Gibsun" headstock..... this is an obvious Chinese fake. Not fooling anyone.

J/K
:smiley-bounce013:
.... There... now I can say I tried my hand a being a doucher too.

There was a time in my life where I would have gladly played a Gibsun if the neck was straight and it had decent pickups. Les Pauls were totally out of my reach until well after I turned 40. There were no Agiles or Epiphones when I was a teen and even the Burny's, Tokai's and Greco's were too rich for my blood.

Archived