What's the best Squier you have ever played??

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

CV 60s tele.  The thing resonated like crazy, and the feel of the neck was great.  I played a good number of that model, and they were all at least pretty good, but that one was very special.  I didn't pull the trigger because I was feeling kind of broke, and I was worried that the really thin neck would aggravate my carpal tunnel syndrome.

• Members

My Squier Bullet, with one single humbucker and volume control, sounds pretty great! The neck feels fine, but nut and bridge issues make the guitar more than a chore to play. Ome of these days, I'll try to fix those issues.

I player a CV Tele Custom, and I thought that it sounded fantastic. I didn't like the neck so much, though. The glossy back felt a little sticky (which was weird, since lots of guitars have painted necks), and the MIM Tele, by comparison, had a better carve. It sounded good enough, though, that I'd find one with a non-sticky neck and get used to the thinner carve.

• Moderators

Squier CV Neil Simon (Biffy Clyro) sig guitar, it's very reminiscent of the very best MIJ Fenders.

Nice thin finish, hybrid mag pickups as stock with Alnico V on the EAD strings and Alnico II on the treble strings, nice medium neck, great sound.

SN1

SN2

IMHO in the top 10\% of the best Strats that one can buy/build or that exist

• Members

Haven't played a ton of em, so I'm not an authority on the subject...

But so far my 50s style Squier strat is about the closest I've gotten to the feel and sound of a more expensive non-squier fender. Early '90s, MIJ Fuji-Gen, I forget the exact date/year it was build. 

I've never gotten the chance to try it side by side with a new 50s Squier CV though. And I haven't played an early 80s Squier JV either, I'm kinda curious wether those are actually worth the jacked up collectors prices or if the CV series or 90s MIJ models play/sounds just as good....

• Members

Easy,

I picked up this Classic Vibe Tele. It was in the local Music store and was sold. It came back about 6 months later because the bridge pickup died. Owner of the store put in a Bill Lawrence and that was that, I have to buy it.

It is hands down one of the best feeling guitars that I have ever played and with that Lawrence pickup it sounds amazing.

Classic Vibe Tele

High Res Image: 60's Classic Vibe Tele

• Members

I've enjoyed playing these two Squier guitars that I have recently aquired. The red one is an Affinity Strat, and the blue one is a "deluxe" Stratocaster. I really enjoy playing both of these. The deluxe has "Duncan Designed" pickups, gives the tone a subtile, mellower one, but can also kick it too. I think both are darn nice for what they are, and the cost. I had a Bullet strat for a short time. The wang bar bound up, wouldnt stay in tune. These two Squiers are much nicer overall.

squiers

• Members

Mine is a first run JV Stratocaster I bought new in 1982. A friend of mine had just scored a 1954 and I too wanted a 25 year old strat but couldn't find or afford one. I was very impressed with the MIJ models when they first came out and played at least a dozen of them when mine found me.

Now my Squier is 30 years old, loaded with Kinman pickups and still goes to gigs for a few songs tuned a half-step down.

Archived