Guitar Manufactur?ers from Japan, Indonesia and South Korea

ivenstein

• Members

Hello,

can you name me guitar manufacturer from Japan, Indonesia and South Korea? Only Companys who exists today. I plan to go to Asia in the next months for about a half year and want to make connections to interesting manufacturers. My plan is to import good/high quality guitars to europe. I don't need chinese companies. I was in contact with China in the last years and the quality was mostly disappointing.

Thanx for your help, Ivenstein

• Members

Some very high quality guitar manufacturers in Japan. Your not going to get them cheap though. Labor costs are up in South Korea also. 

May have better luck with companies in India, Indonesia and Vietnam. 

The problems with some of these countries is the nfrastructure. Getting your materials in and goods out can be a pain.

The trev wilkinson guitars ,Vintage JHS are made in Vietnam.  Have you checked them out and see if there about the quality your looking for?

• Members

I'll see if I can dig up a few pix; I talked about them here, so not sure if a search will show anything, as it was years ago. I called the brand 'Caliber Guitars', if that might help.

One thing I found out early on is that what a guitar 'costs' from the factory and what it 'costs' to sell are two almost unrelated things; stuff like UPS cracking guitars in shipping (and never honoring a claim), customs fees, even packing materials, added up quickly. It was also so long ago that I can't honestly recall what I was paying, but it *seemed* cheap on paper. Since I was so anal, though, every one got a full fret dress, level and polish, and was set-up and strung with the customer's choice of gauge in D'Addario strings; the time was hard to price.

And when I dealt with them, a minium 'sample' order with your own logo inlay was a minumum of six guitars, though as I said, it was a number of years ago.

• Members

ivenstein wrote:

Hello,

can you name me guitar manufacturer from Japan, Indonesia and South Korea? Only Companys who exists today. I plan to go to Asia in the next months for about a half year and want to make connections to interesting manufacturers. My plan is to import good/high quality guitars to europe. I don't need chinese companies. I was in contact with China in the last years and the quality was mostly disappointing.

Thanx for your help, Ivenstein

Don't forget Vietnam. I own several VN guitars. Love them all. 

• Members

Thank you guys for all your informations! With some of these manufacturers I even got in touch and 2 are interested in a cooperation :smiley-cool11:  At first we look at the concept and the prices and then we will see if we can make something concrete.

But please don't stop to send names and informations of manufacturers because it is very important to get more offers and connections.

@ Etienne Rambert

do you have names of this vietnamese manufacturers?

Archived