Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show me your Yamaha SG (gibson fans this is not for you)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You thinkin about sellin any a those Yammy hammers? I might be persuaded to part with some $! I'd like the cream, please!

Comment

1967 Yamaha SG7 (later reissued as the SGV300)

<div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="center"><a href="http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq193/markbastable/GuitarCollageDecember201225_zps185d7dbe.jpg" target="_blank">My Guitar Collection - An ongoing project... </a></div> <br />
      </div>

Comment

Comment

Here is my unusual, green SBG2000. (It looks black in the photos, but it is dark green.) I found it about five years ago in a Salvation Army shop in Brooklyn, New York. At first, I spotted just the case leaning behind the check-out counter. It looked like it might be something interesting, so I asked to look at it. When I opened it up, the guitar inside was revealed to be very beat up (I'll never understand how the previous owner could have so abused a guitar of this weight), but I could tell it was something special. I decided to buy it, take it home, and clean it up. It cost me $100.

IMG\_0619.JPGIMG\_0620.JPGIMG\_0627.JPG

Attached Files

Comment

This thread isn't helping.

A guitar shop of some note near me has a SBG1000 - brand new and it's almost $800 off the price it originally was.  Priced to sell I guess.

Cherryburst.

The thing I can't get over is how perfect the action is.  It's perfect - probably the lowest action I've played on a production guitar and still be able to bend and not have any buzzes or problems.

I told the guy that and he said "thanks, I set up the action on that one".  I think a lot of it had to do with it was a great guitar and the guy knew what he was doing.  

Still.  I don't have tons of money to throw around right now and the last thing I need is a new guitar but I really want that one.

Comment

• bjcarl
              bjcarl commented
              Editing a comment

aliensporebomb wrote:

This thread isn't helping.

A guitar shop of some note near me has a SBG1000 - brand new and it's almost $800 off the price it originally was.  Priced to sell I guess.

Cherryburst.

The thing I can't get over is how perfect the action is.  It's perfect - probably the lowest action I've played on a production guitar and still be able to bend and not have any buzzes or problems.

I told the guy that and he said "thanks, I set up the action on that one".  I think a lot of it had to do with it was a great guitar and the guy knew what he was doing.  

Still.  I don't have tons of money to throw around right now and the last thing I need is a new guitar but I really want that one.

My SBG1000 is the greatest guitar I've ever owned(and I've owned several worth far, far more in terms of money).  Speaking as a lover of Les Pauls, and Gibson in general, it seriously pwns both Les Pauls and Gibson SG's.

Something I haven't seen discussed too much-it's probably the only guitar I can think of that sounds amazing in humbucker OR single coil mode.  I may be speaking to deaf ears, here, but if you get it, you won't regret it.  Another consideration, as a Japanese-made instrument, it's one of those guitars that will continue to go up in value(once the economy's on more stable footing)...

Working...
          X