Who has Joyo pedals and what do you think of them if so?

billybilly

• Members

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of their distortion pedals and a delay, they have youtube links but it's hard to get a real feel without having them at hand.  It's not a huge investment, which is attractive.  Here's their youtube site...  Thinking about the american or californian pedals, supposed to emulate fender and mesa.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WesternSoundLight?feature=watch

• Members

Special J wrote:

Those pedals are supposed to be knockoffs of the Tech 21 character pedals, right?

Dunno if it's just the youtube recordings or what, but they sound like ass to me.

I believe they are Tech 21 character knockoffs for the most part.  Youtube recordings mean nothing, always do, that's why I'm hoping for some personal insight.  Most of the reviews have been positive but you never know.

• Members

I have both the American and California (and the British too). Never had the Tech21s, but these sound good to me, and the American will cover a wide range - even works well with bass. The California is a bit less lively, but will do the Mesa gain tone, which is what I bought it for.

Planning to build a board to mount them on soon.

• Members

jpnyc wrote:

Is Joyo another company selling rebranded Biyang pedals?

If they are, then its to their advantage.

I got one of those true bypass Stainless EQs from Biyang that wound up shelving my MXR. Crazy good pedal.

Can't comment on any others but IMO if you're in the market for an EQ, thats the best one on the market right now at any price.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived