No announcement yet.

Tele lovers only!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele lovers only!

I love a good tele, good being one with forearm and tummy contours.  I had to special order mine and love it.  Do any of the tele lovers not think it is a good idea to implement a forearm and belly cut?  If so, why? 

My tele...

14632\_100790256613346\_2739515\_n.jpg

PS Notice it has the smart saddles, you know, the ones you can intonate individually.

Attached Files
    MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Custom Stratocaster / Martin D15S / Guild D55 / Simon & Patrick Cedar / Martin HD16R LSH​

I dont mind them, but vintage style is my favorite-it just feels fine to me.

How about a frontal shot of that tele. Looks like a maple top on ash?

Comment

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

Davo17 wrote:
      I dont mind them, but vintage style is my favorite-it just feels fine to me.

How about a frontal shot of that tele. Looks like a maple top on ash?

Fair enough, people like what they like.

Yep, it's maple over alder, which is internally hollow.  I don't have many pics on this hardrive but have a front.

top2.jpg 

Attached Files

BB, I'm pretty sure Leo Fender would nod in approval at that

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

billybilly wrote:

I love a good tele, good being one with forearm and tummy contours.  I had to special order mine and love it.  Do any of the tele lovers not think it is a good idea to implement a forearm and belly cut?  If so, why? 

My tele...

14632\_100790256613346\_2739515\_n.jpg

PS Notice it has the smart saddles, you know, the ones you can intonate individually.

Never tried a Tele with a forearm and belly cut, but intend to ASAP.

Attached Files

Comment

• JRicoC
        JRicoC commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the smart saddles, but dislike the contours ...

I prefer the plain ol Tele but don't mind the body contours or 6 saddles.

Comment

• tvvoodoo
        tvvoodoo commented
        Editing a comment

tele = good

tele w/contours  = better

maybe not so apparent by the photos, but both of these have generous tummy cuts and forearm bevels,

tele sound, near strat comfort. The only thing a strat guy would miss a little bit is the open upper horn

body angle.jpg

rangecaster full body

Attached Files

Working...
    X