Identifying fret buzz.

intothevoid

• Members

Just a quickie, I've got fret buzz on every fret on the low E string and to a lesser extent the A string. I have just changed to a lower gauge of strings so I understand I probably have to adjust the truss rod, the neck does look a little too flat. Before I mess around with that though I just wanted to check it couldn't be something else. I have a recording here of all frets plus a quick riff which might help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57goli0zq8vk8ae/Voice%20006.mp3

• Members

intothevoid wrote:

Just a quickie, I've got fret buzz on every fret on the low E string and to a lesser extent the A string. I have just changed to a lower gauge of strings so I understand I probably have to adjust the truss rod, the neck does look a little too flat. Before I mess around with that though I just wanted to check it couldn't be something else. I have a recording here of all frets plus a quick riff which might help.

intothevoid,

I enjoy playing Jazz and I have a very mild attack.  My neck radious is approx. 16 degrees and my action is extremely low.  Obviously, other than quietly comping I'm not strumming a whole lot.  Anyway, when I start hearing a fret buss, almost always the G string first, it's time for me to change strings.  Even if you just changed strings they could have been in the package a long time.  Good Luck!

• Members

JoeJazz wrote:

intothevoid wrote:

intothevoid,

I enjoy playing Jazz and I have a very mild attack.  My neck radious is approx. 16 degrees and my action is extremely low.  Obviously, other than quietly comping I'm not strumming a whole lot.  Anyway, when I start hearing a fret buss, almost always the G string first, it's time for me to change strings.  Even if you just changed strings they could have been in the package a long time.  Good Luck!

Never heard that before.

Archived