Which of these Gibson Les Paul's do you like best?

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

Even if you aren't a Les Paul person, let's say you won one of these in a contest and could take your pick.....which one are you grabbing?? (Yes, MSRP on these 5 range for $3,200 to $5,700.... so just base your pick on looks, as the specs on all 5 are virtually identical)

Option #1 Caramel Burst

LPTDCMCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=

Option #2 New Honeyburst

LPTDHYCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=

Option #3 Les Paul Custom in Ebony

LPC-EBGH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=

Option #4 Heritage Cherry Sunburst

LPTD-LHSCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThi

Option #5, Vintage Sunburst

LPTAAVSCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis

• Members

I don't care if htey call it a clownburst or whatever.  I like the heritage cherry.  I want it to be the right color when it's new and then it'll fade into the other ones over the next 30 years.

It's funny, though.  I always wanted one of those Dean Cadillacs back in the early 80s.  And i think those only look right in black.  Don't dig on a black les paul too much, tho.

• Members

I don't think that "clownburst" works as a description, since clowns usually have white faces and red cheeks and noses. Not yellow and red. I have suggested that the term be "dragonburst" since Smaug is a red dragon with a gold-encrusted underside. Red and yellow. At least I'm pretty sure that's how he's described in the book. All the artist depictions have him that way.

Archived