Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these Gibson Les Paul's do you like best?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these Gibson Les Paul's do you like best?

Even if you aren't a Les Paul person, let's say you won one of these in a contest and could take your pick.....which one are you grabbing?? (Yes, MSRP on these 5 range for $3,200 to $5,700.... so just base your pick on looks, as the specs on all 5 are virtually identical)

Option #1 Caramel Burst

Option #2 New Honeyburst

Option #3 Les Paul Custom in Ebony

Option #4 Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Option #5, Vintage Sunburst

Theve all got something going on, but the Custom does it for me everytime, as does my 69RI with nickel hardware, although given enough cash I'd splash out on the new R9, but at the last minute I'd bottle out and buy a Nik Huber

huber

Attached Files
    Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

At a push I'd take option 4 as I'm not really a fan of flame, but I'd take a Gordon Smith Graduate 60 for much less money.
      Professor Tom

Comment

• Ratae Corieltauvorum
        Editing a comment

Professor Tom wrote:
        At a push I'd take option 4 as I'm not really a fan of flame, but I'd take a Gordon Smith Graduate 60 for much less money.

May as wrell go for the new Ghostrider

GS

Attached Files

I like them all, but I think I would take the honeyburst if I was picking my prize.
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Tough choice, but I'd go with the Heritage Cherry Sunburst.

The Ebony is a close second.

Can I have it?

Comment

#5 Vintage

Comment

• thewthrman
            thewthrman commented
            Editing a comment

I don't care if htey call it a clownburst or whatever.  I like the heritage cherry.  I want it to be the right color when it's new and then it'll fade into the other ones over the next 30 years.

It's funny, though.  I always wanted one of those Dean Cadillacs back in the early 80s.  And i think those only look right in black.  Don't dig on a black les paul too much, tho.

I don't think that "clownburst" works as a description, since clowns usually have white faces and red cheeks and noses. Not yellow and red. I have suggested that the term be "dragonburst" since Smaug is a red dragon with a gold-encrusted underside. Red and yellow. At least I'm pretty sure that's how he's described in the book. All the artist depictions have him that way.
          Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Option 3, Ebony Custom - All day, every day.  I really don't like the flamey tops at all.

I'm Brian of Nazareth

Comment

• Special J
              Special J commented
              Editing a comment

Another vote (WTF, who writes forum software without the ability to do a poll?) for the Custom. The New Honeyburst is pretty nice too though.

Option #1 Caramel Burst

Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
            Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
            Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
            Member of the Schecter Society
            Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

• mikeman
              mikeman commented
              Editing a comment

#1.  I don't like black guitars

@davearonow
            I never put those together.

I still like dragonburst better.

Comment

• JRicoC
              JRicoC commented
              Editing a comment
              Number 5.
              But I don't really like any of them ...

1, 2 and 3 are all incredibly beautiful.

Epi 339-Pro (Cherry) | Epi Dot Dlx: Seth Lover set | Classic Vibe 60s Strat: Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch | Red MIM Strat: Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | Ibanez SZ520QM: Dimarzio Bluesbucker & Air Zone | Fender Sonoran acoustic-electric | Fender Mustang III v2: Swamp Thang | Fender Super Champ XD: Ragin' Cajun

Comment

I like the Vintage Sunburst.

www.browsemygear.comBrowse, share, discuss and learn about music gear with our growing online community of enthusiasts.Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling 4Markbass Littlemark Tube 800Markbass Standard 104 HR

Comment

My main gripe with LPs is the horrid so called red mahogany stain back.........NO!

Mahogany is a good colour on its own which is why Gold Tops generally win as they are close to natural colour

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

As I already have a Heritage Cherry, I'd go for the Caramel.

Comment

• gardo
                    gardo commented
                    Editing a comment

BeanoBoy wrote:

As I already have a Heritage Cherry, I'd go for the Caramel.

You're a lucky man

Working...
                X