70s Fender Starcaster Petition

FoonkySteve

• Members

Hello there!

(Holy smokes batman, this post has turned out to be a lot longer than anticipated!)

I am looking for advice as to where the best place would be on the HC boards to post a petition regarding the re-issue of the original 70s Fender Starcaster Guitar??

I am aware I could post this on the fender.com/fender.co.uk forums, but I would rather not limit this petition to Fender enthusiasts only, as this particular guitar is not your typical fender. This guitar would appeal to Gibson/Gretsch/Fender/Ibanez/Schecter etc... Enthusiasts alike.

I have been researching these guitars for over 2 months now, and I feel I have found enough information to merit a re-issue in my humble opinion.

Okay, so basically, it has came to this, as I want one of these guitars sooooooooo bad! Now if I want one right now, I can just pop over to eBay, and get the exact model I am after for

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had one several years ago, and STUPIDLY sold it back to Rumble Seat Music where I bought it... It is now worth 3 times what I paid:mad:.

It was among the finest and most unique guitars I have ever owned.. It sounded EXACTLY as you would expect.. All the punch, beef, and sustain of a really good Gibson ES 335, with all the twang, clarity, and note definition of a great Telecaster.

Just an exceptional guitar. Fender will never reissue them, but certainly should. bob

• Members

Yeah! Thankyou Guys! We shall see that they will do it for the leftys too! Although, i still think thatwould look awesome cool strung upside down with the reverse headstock! Go Leftys! Thanks again guys! Its happning! I Can feeeeeeeeeeeeel it!

the volume knobs is still a bitch though .. :poke:

• Members

Like 'Soooooooooooo bad' ! Although i would like the complete item, in AMAZING condition, but fret not, i will not abandon this petition, even if i get one tomorrow, these stunna's should be available to the masses!

Im gonna count you in too BG76 if its cool with you?

• Members

I doubt it you'll see a re-issue. Fender went one direction, Gibson another. And this particular guitar is squarely in Gibson territory. Why make something if your major competitor already does a fine rendition? Another option is to take your chances on a used one. Even if it means a second job to pay for it. If the frets are shot you can go to someone like Soulmate Guitars or USA Custom Guitars. Send them the old neck and have them make a new one just like it. Soulmate would probably do it. Not sure about USACG. That would be about the same cost as a refret. Another option is to learn refretting yourself.

I just did my Kalamazoo neck. Aint that hard once you have your eggs in one basket.

• Members

Hey CustomTele, i totaly see where youre coming from this is why the original was discontinued in the first place, didnt sell as well as the Gibbys. I know i am but a humble ant in this area, but i am extremely confident a re-issue of this guitar would be a winner. Although, my argument sucks as i have absolutly nothing to back it up with. I already have a second job, this allowing me the funds of up to

Archived