Who Are Your Favorite Guitar "Teams"?

kayd_mon

• Members

Meaning, two or more guitarists who you really like together.

John Lennon and George Harrison - John's sometimes-sloppy rhythm with George's beautiful melodies and accents make for a great pairing.

Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew - I struggle to think of a more talented pair. And when they do that cascading arpeggio thing, it's just awesome.

Angus and Malcolm Young - Neither are technical wizards, but together they form what is IMO one of, if not the absolute greatest rock guitar sounds.

Stone Gossard and Mike McCready - Maybe it's because I've loved Pearl Jam so long, but these guys play off each other really well. Their complementary parts just gell so well.

Now you go!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Along time ago Bert Janch and John Renborn played together, I really liked then together.

I would like to hear a duet with Richard Thompson and someone of his choosing.

A great duet for more interesting than two guitars was Paul Desmond and Jim Hall of a recording called pyrmid

Oh , I forgot those two guys in televison Tom Verlaine and Richard ah.......got it Richard loyd.

There was . Live recording of them from a club called wolfgangs. The band stretched out on several songs and the guitar interplay was psychic.

Yes I know I from then and Captain Trips and Brother Bob after the first decade left me comatose ,

Frank Zappa and Steve Via. Denny Walley land Jeff Morris Tupper in the Captain Beefheart Band were swell.

• Members

JRicoC wrote:

I like duos where you know who's playing what.  Like Tom Petty and Mike Campbell, Rick Ocasek and Elliott Easton, and Caleb and Matthew Followill ...

Speaking of which, Easton is severely underated.

To the Cars, he brought killer background vocals, and awesome solos that really made some of the songs.

• Members

noisebloom wrote:

One of my favorite guitar tandems was Rudolf Schenker and Mattias Jabs of Scorpions in their early 80s heyday. Schenker of the super-tight, catchy rhythm playing and Jabs of the soaring, complementary lead playing.

This is a good call!

Archived