Bands You Hate....But Everybody Else Loves Them.

bernardo gui

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I live in Asia, and the Jpop Kpop crap is driving me homicidal. Don't know if manufactured crap like that counts as bands or what, but if I hear "Hey Sexy Lady" one too many times I will not be responsible for any mayhem that ensues.

• Members

I do not like Axl Rose as a singer. I like a few on the GNR radio songs, but I couldn't really get into the band on account of Axl's voice. It's hard to think of bands or singers that I totally hate, since there is usually a song or two or three by them that I still like.

I suppose the only singer, band, or whatever that I come the closest to hating is Eminem. I really dislike his voice and public image, and I can't think of any song of his that I like at all.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

I suppose the only singer, band, or whatever that I come the closest to hating is Eminem. I really dislike his voice and public image, and I can't think of any song of his that I like at all.

Agree with this^^^^^^^^^

I can't see/hear/care how anyone ever heard that whiney azz, wimpy voice of his and said "yeah, we got to record this."

Honorable mention to hot selling, yet suck ass bands goes to:

Nickelback

Creed

Good Charlotte

Korn

Kings of Leon

Limp Biscuit

Coldplay

Fall Out Boy

• Members

Rush...yeah, they can really play their instruments, but the music and vocals just make me want to grind my teeth.

I feel sort of the same way about Queen, though I don't absolutely hate them.  Their music just sounds overblown to me, featuring a bunch of musical stunts.

• Members

Yes, the Guess Who are excellent. Not better than The Who for me, but I've heard people complain about The Who saying that every song is one big drum fill during an extended bass solo. I see where they're coming from, but I love The Who. My dad uses to play them all the time, and my parents tell me that even as a baby, I would dance to Who music.

• Members

I guess I really only have one: Bryan Adams.  I don't know if it was the Robin Hood song or what...but can't stand it.  Can't stand even 'Summer of 69' which I remember liking when I was a kid.  I think it also has something to do with the fact that every 'classic rock' cover band I've ever watched a full show from has played that song or "Cuts like a knife."  I refuse to even work with a band that has bare minimum of 1 Bryan Adams song in their playlist.

PS.  Kiss Rocks your **** face clean off, you just don't know it.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Yes, the Guess Who are excellent. Not better than The Who for me, but I've heard people complain about The Who saying that every song is one big drum fill during an extended bass solo. I see where they're coming from, but I love The Who. My dad uses to play them all the time, and my parents tell me that even as a baby, I would dance to Who music.

I dig both the Who and the Guess Who..... I may even like The Guess Who a little better.

• Members

Green Day... There's one that I used to like a lot, but it just sounds to me that they just ran out of ideas for the old formula. American Idiot seemed to make them relevant again to the masses, but at the same time, I think that album officially lost them a lot of the fans they were gradually losing in the previous years. IMO, they should have just stuck with the Foxboro Hot Tubs thing, because in that guise, they at least sounded like they were having fun again.

• Members

I don't hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers but I never liked them at all. In fact, they pretty much annoy me. The one caveat being the song Under the Bridge. I actually really love that song and I love to play it on guitar. But other than, I don't like their music one bit and find most of it quite annoying.

• Members

Foo Fighters. I like Dave Grohl. From the interviews I've seen, he seems like he would be great to hang out with. He's a very good drummer, better than average guitarist, decent singer. However, the songwriting is mediocre. And that's what pisses me off. The songs are almost... there... but not. They're not terrible, but not great. I think I like exactly 2 of them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not sure I "hate" any musician or band but never was a big fan of AC/DC. The singer always sounded like a cat with it's tail being stepped on. My brother used to blast "Black in Black" all the time. To me it sounded like garbage....maybe I hate that song. LOL.

Bob Seger wrote some catchy stuff but never could get into the sound of his voice.

My biggest dislike in music is the "canned" stuff. Electronic drums, fake sounding guitars, tons of keyboards, heavily processed backing vocals and so much going on it's hard to distinquish an instrument. Of course this means Disco, and a lot of modern music goes in the toilet for me. LOL

• Members

Bucksstudent is correct. Even about Pablo Honey, which is pretty great on its own. Just because the band abandoned that sound doesn't negate the fact that they were a good straightforward rock band at the start.

IMO, the best thing about Kid A / Amnesiac is that it shows how a band can effectively change genres and still do it well. Granted, I'm a fan of the band (if the avatar doesn't give it away)

Archived