What are you favorite guitar apps for iPhone or Android?

elsupermanny14

• Members

Hi guess I was curious what various apps you all use for guitar and other instruments? So far I'm only using the Gibson app that has a tuner, metronome, recorder, and chord chart. I was thinking about buying iRig, but not sure if I want all that stuff going on such a small iphone screen. I may want to get an iPad mini for something like that.

Anyways, what do you use and which ones are your favorites?

• Members

U

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
Phil O'Keefe turned me on to Peterson iStrobosoft. It's really a great app. It's a strobe tuner. Killler for 10 bucks.
Yup.

I have the iRig and Amplitube free. I don't use Amplitube very often, but iStrobosoft + iRig is a great tuner.

I also have a metronome, a delay time calculator and the Tone Print app for my Flashback pedal.

• Members

I really like using the iPad for creating music. I have Garage Band and Amplitube. I also have Songster+ and Archording for quickly looking up tabs. I use the iPad more for synths. I have iMPC, iMS-20, iPolySix and Sunrizer. I connect a midi controller through the camera connection kit to control the synth apps.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rockguitar2000

View Post

I use TC electronics free tuner, it's really good. Also I gig out with my acoustic using the agile partners/peavey ampkit app which is free.

It ain't free no more that I can tell.

• Members

On iOS, AmpKit/AmpKit+. Best amp simulations/effects around, also has tuner. metronome, etc. Everything they sell (there are add-on packs as well) is on sale through Christmas.

As others have mentioned, iStrobosoft is a great tuner. Polytune is a tuner which lets you tune bu strumming multiple strings at once.

• Members

I have the full version of Amplitube including the Fender, Hendrix and Slash upgrades. I love it for traveling! I also have almost all of the AmpKit gear. Each of these programs allows you to record loops/songs and port them to Garage Band. Amplitube narrowly edges out AmpKit in terms of latency and the quality of the amp models.

For utilities, Guitar Toolkit is fantastic! Tons of learning tools and every chord voicing ever concocted. You audition everything on a virtual guitar. 12 string, 7 string, bass also supported. It's a rich environment-- tons of scales too.

• Members

Any good android specific apps? Seems like everything is for iPhone. I already have G-strings, but a little bugged that the TC Electronics Polytune app is only iPhone. I'm guessing the same thing for the Peterson Strobe tuner app... Any of the Amplitube stuff for android?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Any good android specific apps? Seems like everything is for iPhone. I already have G-strings, but a little bugged that the TC Electronics Polytune app is only iPhone. I'm guessing the same thing for the Peterson Strobe tuner app... Any of the Amplitube stuff for android?

Most of them are going to be iOS only, simply due to how the OS is designed. Android wasn't really created for live audio manipulation, so the recording/effects stuff is out. There are quite a few tuner apps for Android (including a strobe tuner that's at a 4.5/5 rating), tab programs, etc., though.

Archived