I hate Epiphone headstocks........

Space coyote

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it ugly in that it's not a Gibson, or is it actually ugly? That's the question I'm asking, and how is it ugly?

I understand why most 6 inline headstocks are ugly... it's because it either looks like an arrow or it looks like a penis, but 3+3 headstocks all pretty much seem to get a decent balance. When I hear about people saying Martin is simple and elegant, and Epiphone is ugly, I'm like dude, Martin has the headstock any idiot would make.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool View Post
Is it ugly in that it's not a Gibson, or is it actually ugly? That's the question I'm asking, and how is it ugly?

I understand why most 6 inline headstocks are ugly... it's because it either looks like an arrow or it looks like a penis, but 3+3 headstocks all pretty much seem to get a decent balance. When I hear about people saying Martin is simple and elegant, and Epiphone is ugly, I'm like dude, Martin has the headstock any idiot would make.
I just think it's not attractive because it's too large and has too many little curves. Too busy. (Keep in mind I love Epiphones and own quite a few).

I like a simple headstock. Now .... the Martin headstock is a little too simple LOL!

But the Gibson one is just right I think.

I actually like the Agile headstock..... but I hate their stubby horn on their LP copies.

Also ..... the Epi DOT headstock is too large and looks like a ball sack. (Keep in mind I have several DOTs and I love them).

300px-DotHeadstock.jpg

Archived