Apparently I made someone mad today... (CL BS inside)

cale76

• Members

This amuses me. Local guy has a 5150 combo amp for sale for $150, which makes me a little suspect, but regardless, I wanted to gain some info. Here are the emails exchanged:

From me:

Saw your craigslist ad, just wanted to get some info on the 5150 combo amp you have for sale. Any pictures would be appreciated. Are there any problems with the amp? Has it been played anytime recently to ensure it works? Does it have a footswitch with it? Are you the original owner? When was the amp purchased? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The response received:

DO I HAVE THE FOOTSWITCH! FOR 150.00 YOU WANT THE FOOTSWITCH? nevermind... i will sell it to someone else. you want to much for 150.00

My final reply:

It was a simple question, you might think about finding a way to let go of some of that testosterone. Did I ever say it was unreasonable to not have the footswitch? I simply wanted to know more about it, no reason to freak out. I'm sure you'll have no problem selling the amp, assuming you can keep that testosterone level in check long enough to not piss off your buyer. Have a good day.

I didn't bother correcting his grammar.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I have no intention of buying, even if for some reason he realized he was a dick and apologized. Apparently you're not allowed to ask him questions about the item he's selling, which amuses me. For that price I figured surely it was either stolen or broken, both of which I don't have any desire to deal with.

• Members

He's the same guy who used to post daily in all caps "MESA DUAL REC - WILL TRADE FOR ENGL, KRANK, ETC"

Yesterday he had a "like new 5150 head" for $200, and he claimed he sold it to a guy who offered him $150 for it. The guy's full of {censored}; he doesn't have any of those amps he's "selling" for cheap - he's just being an assclown on CL.

• Members

He's the same guy who used to post daily in all caps "MESA DUAL REC - WILL TRADE FOR ENGL, KRANK, ETC"

Yesterday he had a "like new 5150 head" for $200, and he claimed he sold it to a guy who offered him $150 for it. The guy's full of {censored}; he doesn't have any of those amps he's "selling" for cheap - he's just being an assclown on CL.

OH MAN...is this the same tool who has been putting up the same one-line posting on the KC & Wichita Craigslists for a month now. I find I visit CL for the sole purpose of flagging his posts whenever they pop up.

• Members

Amusing little twit. Here's our exchange.......

I'll take it. Does it have the original tubes in it?

Any issues w/ any of the pots? Does it have a cover?

Are there castors? Oh &.........Does it come w/ the footswitch?

hey pal. what you want for 150.00 its almost free. you dont get a footswitch and a cover,casters. hahaha!!! man you are something else!

Laughable.

57GT:)

• Members

I take credit for that :D

I remember about 10 years ago I started a similar war on KCSR when I was calling out this guy on his bogus claims about how his Honda Prelude would smoke any Mustang or Vette in KC.

All I'm saying is it only takes one person to stand up . . .

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

i know the guy real well. i dont think it was out of line to  think. that a guy wanting a footswitch. when hes already getting a great deal is crazy! he should of just been thankful to get a 800.00 amp for 150.00 i have bought lots of amps from this guy. for years. never had any trouble. you can't always hear what you want to hear from people. you have to just buy it. or move on. not a big deal at all. like the guy crying on here is making it.....

Archived