What is the BEST fixed bridge for electric guitar? Help!

mixolydianb6

• Members

I don't really see the point of a hardtail roller bridge

Maybe to reduce the pressure point of conventional saddles? I don't know if it really would do anything, but considering many people break strings at the saddles perhaps the rational is to ease the tension?

• Members

The point is in the better sustain an harmonics transfer than tremolo(especially Floyd Rose type with two knives)

It is really so.

The less mechanic parts in the bridge -- the better timber & other things.

But I don't like PRS non adjustable solid brass bridges because I use different gauge strings. Need an intination adjustment.

Kahler is very good, but I don't need tremolo on this of my guitars.

Besides, those Kahlers are BIG in size. :)

I've been searching through NET but couldn't found anything better than that of Schaller.

Kinda optimum...

Am I wrong ?

• 10 months later...
  • Members

I know this is an old post, but I found it doing a search for the same product. I think the main point of this bridge is that it does not require string-thru body. I asked a luthier about this. He said that it can be a pain to line up the string-thru ferrules especially if he doesn't have the bridge on hand due to alignment issues. I did a search and found the schaller. Not sure I understand the roller bridge part as i do that it does not require a string-thru body. Perhaps someone has more info on this subject.

Thanks

• Members

2 LaXu

What exactly of Hipshot did you mean ?

this is the hipshot brand bridge i use

it's simple in it's design & is of heavy brass for good sound conduction...

goldyhdtail9.jpg

and loads through the body also for sound conduction

goldyhdtail10.jpg

i have seen a similar bridge by another manufacturer that offers the option of top load or thru body on the same bridge...however the brand name escapes me at the moment

• Members

What do you think about it, people ?

I need it for my new electric... and think about Schaller Non-Tremolo Roller Bridge ( start-like gizmo )

May be there is a better thing ?

I have this bridge and love it. Side-to-side adjustment is a nice plus.

• 6 years later...

Archived