Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logic Audio v. Cubase v. Pro Tools. v. Digital Performer

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logic Audio. There is nothing next to it. When you get familiar with the extremely flexible user interface you will never need anything else. And it never crashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck
    Peter
    Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by snaggle:
      logic is the highest power, i need to be a logic head right now, but none of the other programs have the power logic does. getting up and recording isnt to big of a deal, the deep **************** though that the others dont even do, might take a while to grasp..

Snaggle is 100% correct. It will take a while to grasp. Even longer if your deterred by chatting, and photoshop and who knows what else.

Comment

I was just yankin' your chain snaggle, No ones flamed. I'm sorry
        T.

Comment

I don't think Digital Performer can be beat when it comes to ease of use. Can anyone give some examples of what you can do in Logic that you can't in Digital Performer? Thanks!
          My Music Page (Gear for sale is listed at the bottom of the page)

Comment

It can do groove quantization. If by "create specific enviroments for every piece of midi ready gear you own" you mean mean patch editing/librarian, you can do that via it's integrated "Unisyn" librarian. As for the rest of the stuff, I'm not sure to be honest. It's been a couple years since I've used DP and I was using version 2.3 at the time...
            My Music Page (Gear for sale is listed at the bottom of the page)

Comment

Here's a vote for Logic then... It's work beautifully on a G4... Check out the new digital performer though, I have heard some good things....!

Steve...R
              "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

you cant go wrong with any of these. ive used them all (cubase on a PC!) they all perform well. cubase is great for dance music and mostly strong on midi. the vst plugs that come with the program and the one you can download are very average. logic is hard to set up but is the most powerfull again midi is its thing. protools le and dp3 are much easier to use and audio on these are super with great stock plugs. good luck you cant go wrong

Comment

For me it's a toss up between Cubase VST and Logic.

-Both support the VST effects plug-in architecture.
                  -Cubase was the first to support VST virtual instruments.
                  -Virtual instruments are FANTASTIC. Great sound with no corruption.
                  -Both are Altivec optimized for G4 machines.
                  -Both allow scads of tracks and midi tracks too.
                  -Some VST effects rival hardware units, some don't.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hello, I'll be brief. I've used only Cubase and Logic, and prefer Logic. Everyone says Logic is the most powerful, but is the hardest to learn, but.... You only have to learn everything once. Once you learn Logic, it should be other, less powerful, programs that are harder to use. If you're "serious", in other words you're going to weather the storms until you're making strong music, I think it's worth it. Just my opinion.
                      Heritage H535 Classic, Ibanez AF105N, ASAT Classic, MIM Telecaster
                      Yamaha G100-115 -w- Weber alnico Chicago 15
                      Valvetrain Tweed Champ -w- Weber 12A125
                      Barber Direct Drive, Keeley Java Boost, Boss digi Delay
                      Logic 6 on an old Powermac
                      Battery, Pro-52, ES1, EXSP24, EVD6, Crystal, Pluggo
                      Tannoy Reveals, AT3035, Prosonus pre

Comment

Let me ask: for a guy like myself, who just wants to straight-record guitar, vocals, bass and drums, which is the best program? I'm new to the world of digital recording, but am buying a new Mac soon and I'm wondering which program to seriously look into.

Comment

Hey,
                          I think all this fuss about which program to use depends fully on what you're doing and what you like. Personnaly I'm just starting in the computer worl for audio. I've been working with multitrack recorders earlier . Personally i have gone straight to cubase.I haven't done any big things yet. I'm still getting my soundcard but I have used cubase on a friends and find it very good.Yes, it is a bit complicated to get started. Like you're checking out the manual all the time.But once you get started it's a very good program.also the plugins are plentiful for cubase(VST). Digital Performer is much more simple and basic. Good for recording audio straight. i sometimes recorded with digital performer. and then imported it to cubase and edited it there.

Comment

If u want something that adapts to whatever style of work you do , use Logic, but for commercial studios you will need Pro Tools, as it's often an industry standard. I'm currently using Cubase at college, but after what I've seen what Logic and Pro Tools can do, I'm ready to move on.

Comment

• knotty
                              knotty commented
                              Editing a comment

This is my entry in the current zombie thread contest. Where do i collect my prize?

Working...
                          X