Jay Turser

GarysBlues

• Members

Anybody Rocking Jay Tursers? Picked up one in a Pawn Shop for $20 bucks with the electronics pretty well shot, no input jack.

But I dropped a set of the Guitarfetish HOT Blow-Out Single Coils Jay was selling for $15.00 a set. [well worth it]

Those pups in the JT are just a SMOKING Combo. I re-wired everthing. pots, switch. cap etc.

But all in all I been looking at the Jay Tursers and they seem pretty decent. Specially the Tele Custom Deluxe. The Strat weighs 5lbs?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jay Turser makes some solid instruments. The majority (if not all) are made by Alden who are now selling some higher end (around $500) guitars which are very sweet.

American site: http://www.aldenguitarsales.com/

MUSE R&D (Parent Company - check out the Space Ranger and Quadrastar at the top of the guitar page) http://www.muse-inc.com/

• Members

Oh ya. I see. I've never really fooled with their LPs and SGs but have played a FEW of his Teles and Strats.

I been eyeing the Natural Strat in the Pawn Shop maybe a month. Started out talking to the guy about it being broke and made him an offer. I really liked the body and couldn't see a seem on it and the frets are perfect.

So I stopped in with my son over the past weekend looking for 360 games for him, and low and behold the owner finally let it go.

I don't have a shot since I finished it. but this is it from the Pawn Shop.

dec13_06.jpg

But ya the Trem had to go, besides being pot metal the arm was broke off in it. So a few little things and its straight now. I have to check guitarfetish and see if those Ceramic Single Coils are gone. They are definatly nice and clear.

Jay Turser makes some solid instruments. The majority (if not all) are made by Alden who are now selling some higher end (around $500) guitars which are very sweet.

American site:
http://www.aldenguitarsales.com/

MUSE R&D (Parent Company - check out the Space Ranger and Quadrastar at the top of the guitar page)
http://www.muse-inc.com/

What he said!

JTJTLTRW10.jpg

JTCutlassF02.jpg

Paisley02.jpg

• Members

They had a mosrite-esque model in production about 5 years ago. I wanted one so bad, but was a very poor college student at the time and they no longer make it. Doesn't help that I don't know what they called that series to try to find it :(

From what I read, that particular JT had bad reviews. But I'd trust frets with taste in guitars. If he likes it, generally I'd like it too :thu:

• Members

That Cleopatra and the Rosewood Tele and Custom Deluxe Tele are DEFINATLY on my after X-Mas list.

I was JUST checking the Guitarfetish sight. Those Overwound Vintage Sigle Coils for $1500. are WELL WORTH IT and are still in stock.

I had that set sitting here maybe a MTH. I can't get over how good they are in the Jay Turser. Without a doubt better than Fenders MIM Ceramics.

• Members

I have the Turser Cleopatra semi hollow which is suspiciously exactly like an Eastwood Savannah. I really like it a lot.

Looking at the Eastwood catalog and the Muse R&D site, Muse/Alden must be making some of those Eastwoods as there are more than a few similar models.

• Members

My newest Turser ... I really like it. The Artec mini-humbuckers sound very nice and playability is excellent.

turser1hb4.jpg

oh we need more pics of that!

Gary, the Custom Deluxe Teles are NICE. Their necks are a little thin, but the guitar is solid. I had the Tobacco Sunburst and it was BEAUTIFUL. I also had the Natural flame and it was very pretty too.

I like the Rosewood Teles too. I'm keeping mine after mods, fret level, MIJ Fender bridge pup, and a GFS P90 in the neck.

RW1.jpg

• Members

I love the looks of those rosewood teles!

I have a set of US tele pickups kicking around, and I'm thinking it may be a project for me, once things settle financially.

You guys who have them - how are they playability-wise?

What other alterations would i have to make to wind up with something really cool?

• Members

Whats one model Satin and the other Gloss with the Rosewood. Thats one of the models I definatly dig. That and as I said the Deluxe Custom

I seen a 134DC Semi-Hollow sell on E-Bay for $250 that was just a very pretty guitar[about like a 339 in looks+size]. I would have followed more closely if I had the slightest idea it would go so inexpensive.

• Members

First time I've seen this model also...........Nice!
:thu:

I got the purple one. Kinda over-the-top gaudy but I needed a Prince guitar, especially for Purple Rain.

Neat like guitar. Neck is a little smaller than I like but its ok. Its weird, the guitar looks and feels small but then you put it next to a real LP and it isn't really any smaller.

• Members

I never noticed that your purple one had toasters. Howzit sound?

Need a little turbocharging on the bridge for my tastes. I ordered a set of hotter TOG models to throw in it short-term. I talked to Bryan about rewinding the stock ones, or at least the bridge. But they are clear and pretty articulate, and not as bright as, say, my 74 LP Deluxe.

Archived