No announcement yet.

Jay Turser

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Turser

Anybody Rocking Jay Tursers? Picked up one in a Pawn Shop for $20 bucks with the electronics pretty well shot, no input jack.

But I dropped a set of the Guitarfetish HOT Blow-Out Single Coils Jay was selling for $15.00 a set. [well worth it]

Those pups in the JT are just a SMOKING Combo. I re-wired everthing. pots, switch. cap etc.

But all in all I been looking at the Jay Tursers and they seem pretty decent. Specially the Tele Custom Deluxe. The Strat weighs 5lbs?
    Damn Right I got the BLUE'S

Ordinary . CAN BE . EXTRAORDINARY.. follow your DREAM!

an electric guitar is like a radio. it's not really that important to have an expensive one.

Comment

Jay Turser makes some solid instruments. The majority (if not all) are made by Alden who are now selling some higher end (around $500) guitars which are very sweet.

American site: http://www.aldenguitarsales.com/
      MUSE R&D (Parent Company - check out the Space Ranger and Quadrastar at the top of the guitar page) http://www.muse-inc.com/
      Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

an electric guitar is like a radio. it's not really that important to have an expensive one.

Sig'd.
        I made the mistake of including the name of the band I was in at the time I started my account here, but a lot of my friends really do call me "gibby"...
        My guitfiddle vidyas
        Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Gibby McFender
        Good trades with: jnapruitt, jelloman, emptyparadigm, teleman, atrox, Norcal_Gtr, Cale 76, Moops, Fart Murphy, gutterking, npidge, shimrod69, HickorySMOKES

bassist for Fools For Rowan. Check us out!

Comment

Oh ya. I see. I've never really fooled with their LPs and SGs but have played a FEW of his Teles and Strats.

I been eyeing the Natural Strat in the Pawn Shop maybe a month. Started out talking to the guy about it being broke and made him an offer. I really liked the body and couldn't see a seem on it and the frets are perfect.

So I stopped in with my son over the past weekend looking for 360 games for him, and low and behold the owner finally let it go.

I don't have a shot since I finished it. but this is it from the Pawn Shop.

But ya the Trem had to go, besides being pot metal the arm was broke off in it. So a few little things and its straight now. I have to check guitarfetish and see if those Ceramic Single Coils are gone. They are definatly nice and clear.

Comment

Jay Turser makes some solid instruments. The majority (if not all) are made by Alden who are now selling some higher end (around $500) guitars which are very sweet.

American site: http://www.aldenguitarsales.com/
            MUSE R&D (Parent Company - check out the Space Ranger and Quadrastar at the top of the guitar page) http://www.muse-inc.com/

What he said!

Campbell UK-1
            http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
            https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

They had a mosrite-esque model in production about 5 years ago. I wanted one so bad, but was a very poor college student at the time and they no longer make it. Doesn't help that I don't know what they called that series to try to find it
              From what I read, that particular JT had bad reviews. But I'd trust frets with taste in guitars. If he likes it, generally I'd like it too
              I made the mistake of including the name of the band I was in at the time I started my account here, but a lot of my friends really do call me "gibby"...
              My guitfiddle vidyas
              Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Gibby McFender
              Good trades with: jnapruitt, jelloman, emptyparadigm, teleman, atrox, Norcal_Gtr, Cale 76, Moops, Fart Murphy, gutterking, npidge, shimrod69, HickorySMOKES

bassist for Fools For Rowan. Check us out!

Comment

I have a Turser tele that I swapped out the neck and pickups, and it goes through the gigging rotation pretty regularly. Good stuff.

And the prices can't be beat, either.
                "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "
                — Isaac Asimov

Comment

My instructor has a JT semi-hollow (not sure of the model name), and he loves it.
                  ~Heel

Comment

I have the Turser Cleopatra semi hollow which is suspiciously exactly like an Eastwood Savannah. I really like it a lot.

Comment

That Cleopatra and the Rosewood Tele and Custom Deluxe Tele are DEFINATLY on my after X-Mas list.

I was JUST checking the Guitarfetish sight. Those Overwound Vintage Sigle Coils for $1500. are WELL WORTH IT and are still in stock.

I had that set sitting here maybe a MTH. I can't get over how good they are in the Jay Turser. Without a doubt better than Fenders MIM Ceramics.

Comment

My newest Turser ... I really like it. The Artec mini-humbuckers sound very nice and playability is excellent.

"I've got a briefcase of thin air. I can play some tricks on you, pretend that I don't care." The Contrast

Comment

I have the Turser Cleopatra semi hollow which is suspiciously exactly like an Eastwood Savannah. I really like it a lot.

Looking at the Eastwood catalog and the Muse R&D site, Muse/Alden must be making some of those Eastwoods as there are more than a few similar models.
                          Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

Looking at the Eastwood catalog and the Muse R&D site, Muse/Alden must be making some of those Eastwoods as there are more than a few similar models.

they definitely are, they both have that bull logo on the headstock

Comment

My newest Turser ... I really like it. The Artec mini-humbuckers sound very nice and playability is excellent.

oh we need more pics of that!

Gary, the Custom Deluxe Teles are NICE. Their necks are a little thin, but the guitar is solid. I had the Tobacco Sunburst and it was BEAUTIFUL. I also had the Natural flame and it was very pretty too.

I like the Rosewood Teles too. I'm keeping mine after mods, fret level, MIJ Fender bridge pup, and a GFS P90 in the neck.

DC in DC

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

DIY, the ultimate in wankery. Actually, wankery is the ultimate in DIY.

SPAM: My eBay Auctions!

My Good Dealings with, SPAM Thread, & Signature Quotes post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

Working...
                              X