No announcement yet.

Guitar Identification: Marvel

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Identification: Marvel

I came across this guitar in the local shop, played well, never seen one like it. Me being me, I bought it. Anyone ever heard of Marvel guitars? I asked the man at the shop and he had no idea. Not a scrap of info online either. Never the less, baby plays like a dream.

I had a bass a few years back that looked just like that didnt say marvel but had the CM on the headstock never found out what it was! I bought it for 300 at a pawn shop and sold it to a bass player for 800 wish i had kept it it was fretless!
    good trades with: Dixie789456, AGF Mikey, PumpkinPieces, JRguitar, 61reissue
    good sales with: Strongdoc, n1c3jack3t
    Member of the SG Army

Comment

its beautifle. what brand pups?
      www.myspace.com/city_burns - myspace
      www.myspace.com/mercuryphotos - photography myspace
      http://mercury-666.deviantart.com - deviant art

gear? -
      ibanez XPT700RCM
      takemine D series
      zoom G2.1u multi-effects pedal
      peavey 160 watt scorpion equipped (needs to be re-coned)
      storm/jade 110 watt celestion equipped

im looking for an ESP ltd H-1000

IBANEZ NINJAS/WIZARDS
      IBANEZ MILITIA

Comment

Cool Guitar Love that neck through design. looks Strong.
        Wish I could help identify it for You
        I cant seem to balance my net income with my gross habits.~Eroll Flynn

Special Forces member of the SG Army

Good Deals with amaleelake, SnoMan97, Acewood, Effectsiation, Danbomb, kjrocks

Comment

I've looked all over to figure it out. I had to get it, just felt right to play. It really has some weight to it. Real solid. For the pickups, their marvel brand. They don't sound bad really. About to drop new pups in it probably. Maybe some lace sensors in the neck and mid, and a nice bucker thats warm and fat. Maybe a pearly gates for the bridge.. heart isn't set on anything yet.

Comment

Looks like a Warwick bass? Might be a Martin made guitar they try to enter the Electric market it seems like every Decade or so.

Comment

I've looked all over to figure it out. I had to get it, just felt right to play. It really has some weight to it. Real solid. For the pickups, their marvel brand. They don't sound bad really. About to drop new pups in it probably. Maybe some noiseless in the neck and mid, and a nice bucker thats warm and fat. Maybe a pearly gates for the bridge.. heart isn't set on anything yet.

Someone here will know about that Guitar eventually
              I cant seem to balance my net income with my gross habits.~Eroll Flynn

Special Forces member of the SG Army

Good Deals with amaleelake, SnoMan97, Acewood, Effectsiation, Danbomb, kjrocks

Comment

I don't know anything about the guitar, but it looks very nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
                Good deal with: pfindeis, ae3753, Carbohydrates, robbierobnj06, Zacman0126, jubb, silverring233, nbabmf

Comment

Here ya go: http://www.vintaxe.com/catalogs_american_marvel.htm

A year or so ago, I saw a Marvel guitar on Ebay. It was a deep red and styled like an old 50s kay solidbody. The above link is a pay link, but maybe it will get you started. Looks like Marvel was an American company.

Comment

i traded a beat up Epi LP standard for it an 100 bucks. I'm a happy man never the less.

Comment

Did you ever get any info? Because I've just seen one in a music store, and I REALLY like the look and feel of it.

I'm a long ways from where you got yours, though, so I wonder what this says about the guitar. I'm in South Korea. Any labeling on yours that indicates where it was made? I'm betting Korea, for some reason...

Anyway, they guitar I've found is exactly the same, and they want 300 bucks for it. worth it? Anyone?

Best,
                      Ande

Comment

I thought they just did comic books.
                        http://charlesshaarmurray.com/

Originally Posted by Spike

He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are all so ... bloody hell ... sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks ... oh no, I'm ENGLISH!

Originally Posted by Lucio

everyone has different gear and stuff like this tends to be quite subjective.

Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

Honorary Granddaughter: FerdinandStrat

Comment

Did you ever get any info? Because I've just seen one in a music store, and I REALLY like the look and feel of it.

I'm a long ways from where you got yours, though, so I wonder what this says about the guitar. I'm in South Korea. Any labeling on yours that indicates where it was made? I'm betting Korea, for some reason...

Anyway, they guitar I've found is exactly the same, and they want 300 bucks for it. worth it? Anyone?

Best,
                          Ande

300 for a necktru is a steal, go for it
                          Video evidence of Yesticles playing live at Random (expletive deleted) Hole, Warren, MI on 11/2/2012.Free "music!"

Comment

Best,
                            Ande

I was thinkin Japan for some reason. If it`s well made I`d have no hesitation paying $300.oo for one, you can always swap the p`ups.
                            it wasn`t me

Comment

Looks well made. Frets a bit worn (wonder how old...) but ends good, well dressed. Body smooth, very THIN but unblemished finish. You can actually feel the grain of the wood.

The locking nut seems sort of flimsy, but I've never had one before, so what would I know?

Best,
                              Ande

Comment

Working...
                              X