Guitar Pictures.

GreatDane

• Members

i've been on a picture-taking kick lately, due in part to the nice weather we've been having here over the last few weeks. here's some new pics of an old friend; my '89 LP Custom that some of you might recognize from past photos. it's seen a lot of stage and studio action, for sure. re-fretted twice. weighs about 13 lbs. i played this guitar almost two hours a night, every night, for five years straight. it never let me down. along with my Silverburst, this one is on my very short "buried-in-coffin" list.

w89LPCustom052010-003.jpg

w89LPCustom052010-004.jpg

w89LPCustom052010-014.jpg

w89LPCustom052010-015.jpg

w89LPCustom052010-016.jpg

w89LPCustom052010-018.jpg

w89LPCustom052010-019.jpg

w89LPCustom052010-020.jpg

i'll probably just keep posting pics to this thread as the mood strikes me. hopefully you can dig it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Jkater View Post
Beautiful with lots of character and history. thumb.gif

But 13 pounds?! eek.gif Were you playing it sitting down? smile.gif
haha~ no, and it sure is heavy as hell. but i was younger and had a healthier back in those days.

• Members

for some reason, this is one of my favorite pics that i've taken. i think it's because i can see the christmas lights from the tree reflected in the finish and it reminds me of the holidays last year. overall, the picture just gives a calming old-soul vibe that i really enjoy. no, i ain't been drinkin'. just drunk on thoughts.

wPRS_SingleCutBlack-011.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
here's my Fender '52 Telecaster "Hot Rod". i picked this one up because it sounds amazing, and also because i haven't seen too many of these in black (they all seem to be butterscotch).

wFender52TeleHotrod-001.jpg

wFender52TeleHotrod-015.jpg
Any pics of your sunburst tele?...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Special J View Post
thumb.gif
Sweet pics and beautiful guitars man!
thank you, J. if you're interested in getting together at any point, just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekel View Post
Nice pictures, man! What camera did you use?
thank you! i think it's a Canon PowerShot 8.0 megapixel point-and-shoot.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Jkater View Post
Any pics of your sunburst tele?...
here you go, Jkater. this one gets a lot of playing time, actually. the guy that put it together did an amazing job, and i can play on this U-shaped neck for hours without even feeling the time tick by.

wFender_PartsTele-001.jpg

wFender_PartsTele-007.jpg

wFender_PartsTele-013.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by songsforbears

View Post

Nice! I love my '52 Hot Rod. They've only made the black one under a year now; probably why you mostly see the butterscotch ones. I've always told myself that if I ever become a rich man, I'm buying one in black too. thumb.gif

thank you, sfb!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by tiltsta View Post
*Subscribed*

This is going to be an interesting ride, as you have some incredible guitars.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of camera are you using for these pics?
hey, thank you for subscribing! I'll keep adding to the thread as inspiration hits. others are certainly encouraged to share their favorites as well.

nothing special at all. i'm using a Canon 8.0 megapixel point and shoot, and some of these are my older Canon 5.0 megapixel camera (i misplaced the charger for the 8.0 and couldn't find it for weeks, so had to go back to the 5.0). i'm not sure anyone could really tell the difference for what i'm doing.

• Members

Is there a noticeable difference in string tension and/or tone when you have the strings go over the stop tailpiece?

not really to my ears, tonewise, but it does tighten up the low E a little more, IMO, tension-wise. i am entirely inconsistent when it comes to wrapping or not wrapping. some of my guitars have it; others don't. there's no science to it.

Archived