Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice pics man

And im sure you have a lot of awesome rare gibbys like the GOW models - you arent holding out on use are you??
    Gear:
    Cort m200 (with SD 59/JB combo)
    Ampeg Dan Armstrong
    Gibson Firebird Studio
    Gibson Explorer x2 (natural/white)
    Gibson LP studio
    Squier Tele Custom II
    Godin LG EMG
    Hello Kitty Strat
    Edwards LPC
    Jackson COW 6
    Jim Root Strat
    ESP Eclipse I DBSB
    Billy Corgan Strat
    50s Tribute Goldtop HB
    Squier Mini Strat
    Fender Cabronita Tele

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane
      View Post

i took this 2001 '68 Reissue Les Paul Custom in on a trade (for another custom, incidently). it has the fattest neck of any les paul i've ever played; fatter even than the '52 Reissue LP Goldtop. Remarkably, it's really nice playing on a neck that fat. bends are easy, and arpeggios are a breeze. best part is my hand never gets tired. anyway, it looks, sounds, and plays beautifully. it's heavy (~10 lbs), but no worries; that's what strap locks are for.

That's a stunning Custom.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by GreaserMatt
        View Post

I'm diggin' that blue les paul... the custom is nice too... just picked up a black '98 standard, after selling my '06 goldtop classic and regretting it. I'm actually happier w/ the std...

hey, thank you! i think '90s les pauls are great buys. i owned LP classics on a couple of occasions and played bunch; i don't like them. i think you made the right choice.
        INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by machine gunner
          View Post

+1 on the blue Standard, gorgeous

thank you!
          INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Spike Li
            View Post

Nice pics man

And im sure you have a lot of awesome rare gibbys like the GOW models - you arent holding out on use are you??

thank you! i have more guitars to post, and i will do so over time. i don't currently have any GOTW models. i was only attracted to a few of the batch and they continue to be out of my self-imposed price limit for now.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by ?Winding?
              View Post

That's a stunning Custom.

coming from a guy with a gorgeous R9, that means a lot~ thank you.

Comment

• here's one i picked up back in 2004 or 2005 and sold just a couple years ago. it was a great guitar, but i was going through this kick where i had to sell off guitars that had been modded; this one had Seymour Duncan pickups and a semi-pro fret job. it also had one of the nicest plain tops i've seen in this finish. very nice guitar. i sometimes miss it.

Comment

• i have only owned this 2001 R9 for about a month and a week, and i quite enjoy it. it's faded quite a bit in spots over the years, which i personally find pretty cool. it's in perfect shape otherwise.

Comment

• A 2010 Les Paul Traditional Plus in Cherryburst... it took a while to find The One, but it was worth the wait.

The sun was coming in the window just right today...
                    Straight-Jacket memories, and Sedative highs... the Good Old Days.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane
                      View Post

i have only owned this 2001 R9 for about a month and a week, and i quite enjoy it. it's faded quite a bit in spots over the years, which i personally find pretty cool. it's in perfect shape otherwise.

Very nice - is that brazilian rosewood? is there much of a sound difference between that and the '04 which I assume is indian rosewood?

One of my guitars has a brazilian rosewood board (I think) - but I don't really have anything to compare it to for sound.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead, lol
                        View Post

Very nice - is that brazilian rosewood? is there much of a sound difference between that and the '04 which I assume is indian rosewood?

One of my guitars has a brazilian rosewood board (I think) - but I don't really have anything to compare it to for sound.

it is a Brazilian fretboard. they made a handful of BRW Reissues in 2001 and this is one of them. i don't hear a difference in terms of tone (subjective anyway, right?), but i find it more appealing to look at. the fact that it's BRW doesn't mean that much to me as a player, but the collector in me loves it.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Armitage
                          View Post

A 2010 Les Paul Traditional Plus in Cherryburst... it took a while to find The One, but it was worth the wait.

The sun was coming in the window just right today...

beautiful. just beautiful.

Comment

• Thank-you
                            Straight-Jacket memories, and Sedative highs... the Good Old Days.

Comment

• McInturff Empress

i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

• Some guitars are more photogenic then others so here is a couple of my more photogenic guitars

I will add more later
                                A life of chance for a breath of freedom...I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Comment

Working...
                                X