Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

(sorry for my bad english,im from belgium)

I just bought a ESP Telecaster 800 series purple burst

I cant find any infos on it.....

Mint condition from late 80s or begin 90, i think

Pro music tools are the only on internet who selling this?

playing is so nice with this guitar ^_^^ i love it

thanks guys for the infos

have a nice day

bye

Purple burst telecaster... what color is the hardware? It looks gold in the first picture and nickel in the second.
    Originally Posted by Caesar

Funny, I just sold my HOG for $420 on ebay. It's a great pedal, but, much like my brain, I only used 10% of it's features.

Originally Posted by TravvyBear

After many pickup/guard swaps, I thought refinishing it blue would make it sound the best.

Comment

• Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

• GuitarHeads: http://www.guitarheads.orgSome of My Music: Scott Abene - Reverb Nation"Ich bin Jung und brauche das Geld"-Eko Fresh

Comment

• www.sevensymphoniesmusic.com

Comment

• Here's a pic of my newest guitar. Doc Morbius's old Daphne Highway One body with my own neck. I still have his loaded pickguard on it with Hot Gold Laces, but I'll be putting on an old aged pearl 'guard with black BG Phatties shortly.

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by cratz2
              View Post

Here's a pic of my newest guitar. Doc Morbius's old Daphne Highway One body with my own neck. I still have his loaded pickguard on it with Hot Gold Laces, but I'll be putting on an old aged pearl 'guard with black BG Phatties shortly.

Beautiful.

How do you like your Carmen Ghia? Thinking about getting one.

Comment

• I like it quite a bit but I do mostly use it with pedals for flavor. In my opinion, it's sort of a combination of the staple 12-18 watt amps... If a Tweed Deluxe, a non-Top Boost AC15 (without a Blue) and a Marshall 1974x had an orgy and a baby resulted, the Carmen Ghia would be the result.

Not as chimy as the Vox, not generally quite as wooly or flubby as the Deluxe and not quite as Marshall as the Marshall, but sort of a homogenization of all of them which certainly isn't a bad place to be. And it works SOOO well with pedals. I use a Wampler Ecstasy Drive or a Barber LTD SR to add some dimension to the cleans and either a Barber Direct Drive or one of a couple other Marshall-flavored pedals for drive. The amp responds VERY well to your pick hand though and undoubtedly, many would be just fine with no pedals at all. I have a Brake Lite in mine and if I don't need headroom, I'll usually leave it on, but with the least attenuation. For just cleans, I leave it off.

The Tone knob is very sensitive... almost too sensitive. I almost always have it between 110 and 10. Like the amps it's similar to, it's pretty unbelievable how much range you can get with just the two knobs and working with the controls on the guitar.

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

View Post

I like it quite a bit but I do mostly use it with pedals for flavor. In my opinion, it's sort of a combination of the staple 12-18 watt amps... If a Tweed Deluxe, a non-Top Boost AC15 (without a Blue) and a Marshall 1974x had an orgy and a baby resulted, the Carmen Ghia would be the result.

Not as chimy as the Vox, not generally quite as wooly or flubby as the Deluxe and not quite as Marshall as the Marshall, but sort of a homogenization of all of them which certainly isn't a bad place to be. And it works SOOO well with pedals. I use a Wampler Ecstasy Drive or a Barber LTD SR to add some dimension to the cleans and either a Barber Direct Drive or one of a couple other Marshall-flavored pedals for drive. The amp responds VERY well to your pick hand though and undoubtedly, many would be just fine with no pedals at all. I have a Brake Lite in mine and if I don't need headroom, I'll usually leave it on, but with the least attenuation. For just cleans, I leave it off.

The Tone knob is very sensitive... almost too sensitive. I almost always have it between 110 and 10. Like the amps it's similar to, it's pretty unbelievable how much range you can get with just the two knobs and working with the controls on the guitar.

Thanks. It's 18 watts?

The other one I'm thinking about is a Maz 18 Jr. I played one at my local Guitar Center (admittedly with a $3,000 custom shop Strat) and it sounded fantastic. It seems that the Maz is Carmen Ghia with more tone controls. Is that right?

Comment

• Yeah, it's rated at 18W but it's a pretty loud 18. I know everyone says that, but it's true. My AC15 with the Blue... it always pushed me to play at a certain volume level. I tried all kinds of things to get that tone at a lower volume, but I came to believe that it was largely the sound of the Blue being driven to a certain point that made that sound, not the power tubes being pushed. It was a great sound, but simply too loud for most of my needs. I mean, with single coils, it was about the same volume as Doc Morbius's Silver Face Twin on almost 4 which is pretty dang loud.

Uh... I don't know if I'd quite say that. They are similar, but I'd say they sound pretty distinctly different. The guy I bought my Ghia from also had a Maz 18. He's a touring guitarist that plays maybe 150 gigs a year and his take was that the CG was more full-bodied when it was sound its best and that he preferred the tone of the Ghia, but he couldn't resist the versatility and the reverb of the Maz. He has a ton of high end gear, both modern/boutique stuff and vintage gear. In my opinion, the Maz is more specifically Marshall sounding though I don't know that I'd say it's a Marshall clone. But whereas the Carmen Ghia can channel a Tweed Deluxe tone and sort of the barky nature of a non-Top Boost of an AC15, but with less chime, the Maz doesn't really quite do that.

We played both of them that night, along with a 64 Deluxe Reverb and a 65 Deluxe Reverb (with a speaker I gave as a partial trade) and basically all the tones were simply great.

Sorry... I'm a known over-analyzer.

They are all different, but I'm the kind of guy that could probably live with a Tweed Deluxe, 1974x or an AC15 with an EF86 or a Normal channel. I suspect most guys that love any one of those probably like all of them. The Carmen Ghia basically offers a taste of all of them without an overly strong flavor of any of them.

Comment

View Post

Yeah, it's rated at 18W but it's a pretty loud 18. I know everyone says that, but it's true. My AC15 with the Blue... it always pushed me to play at a certain volume level. I tried all kinds of things to get that tone at a lower volume, but I came to believe that it was largely the sound of the Blue being driven to a certain point that made that sound, not the power tubes being pushed. It was a great sound, but simply too loud for most of my needs. I mean, with single coils, it was about the same volume as Doc Morbius's Silver Face Twin on almost 4 which is pretty dang loud.

Uh... I don't know if I'd quite say that. They are similar, but I'd say they sound pretty distinctly different. The guy I bought my Ghia from also had a Maz 18. He's a touring guitarist that plays maybe 150 gigs a year and his take was that the CG was more full-bodied when it was sound its best and that he preferred the tone of the Ghia, but he couldn't resist the versatility and the reverb of the Maz. He has a ton of high end gear, both modern/boutique stuff and vintage gear. In my opinion, the Maz is more specifically Marshall sounding though I don't know that I'd say it's a Marshall clone. But whereas the Carmen Ghia can channel a Tweed Deluxe tone and sort of the barky nature of a non-Top Boost of an AC15, but with less chime, the Maz doesn't really quite do that.

We played both of them that night, along with a 64 Deluxe Reverb and a 65 Deluxe Reverb (with a speaker I gave as a partial trade) and basically all the tones were simply great.

They are all different, but I'm the kind of guy that could probably live with a Tweed Deluxe, 1974x or an AC15 with an EF86 or a Normal channel. I suspect most guys that love any one of those probably like all of them. The Carmen Ghia basically offers a taste of all of them without an overly strong flavor of any of them.

No problem. The more analysis the better.

Pretty much the best amp I've played was a 12W Fender Deluxe RI, handwired. Simply amazing. Costs about $2K though.

I'm definitely a Tweed type guy. I just love Fender tube amps (I only have a Princeton Reverb RI right now because I don't gig much and I prefer the 15-18 watt amp range). So you think the Carmen Ghia can do the tweed thing even though it uses EL84's?

Sounds like the Carmen Ghia is my thing. I guess there's a reason it's their most popular amp, or so I've heard.

Comment

• My '80 LP Deluxe

My PRS McCarty

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by jaxn slim
                          View Post

My '80 LP Deluxe

My PRS McCarty

The guitars are in your pants?

Comment

• Hot guitar is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by jaxn slim
                            View Post

My '80 LP Deluxe

Comment

• Well, if a guy had played a Tweed Deluxe exclusively for 15 years, I'd suspect he would find big differences if he switched to the Carmen Ghia. But for someone that wants a good part of the Tweed Deluxe vibe, but wasn't really a stickler for the flabby bottom end or the 'getting ready to explode' full on max volume thing, I'd think he could find some very usable tones out of the Z that are ballpark comparable to the Tweed Deluxe.

I had a Tweed Deluxe clone for a couple years. I really loved it and I could probably live with it as my only amp, but I'd take the Carmen Ghia over it any day.

Quote Originally Posted by larry50
                              View Post

So you think the Carmen Ghia can do the tweed thing even though it uses EL84's?

Comment

View Post

Yeah, it's rated at 18W but it's a pretty loud 18. I know everyone says that, but it's true. My AC15 with the Blue... it always pushed me to play at a certain volume level. I tried all kinds of things to get that tone at a lower volume, but I came to believe that it was largely the sound of the Blue being driven to a certain point that made that sound, not the power tubes being pushed. It was a great sound, but simply too loud for most of my needs. I mean, with single coils, it was about the same volume as Doc Morbius's Silver Face Twin on almost 4 which is pretty dang loud.

The Carmen Ghia is without a doubt, one of the best amps Ive ever owned or played.

Comment

Working...
                                X