Musicians Friend Changed Their Logo for 30th Anniversary

EJ_Boy

• Members

Looking for celebration discount online banners on the website.

It's going to take a MF-style major sale to get me to act on my GAS. thumb.gif

-------------------

2013 marks our 30th year in business, and we thought that was a proper milestone to celebrate with a bold new logo that moves us forward while giving a nod to our beginnings.

When our first catalog was printed in the summer of 1983, our goal was the same as it is today

• Members

Yeah, I got the e-mail today. Interesting that they announce it, but it's still the treble clef on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ_Boy

View Post

and I was also looking at that e-mail thinking, "what's in it for me?" frown.gif

Just the thrill of their new logo?

idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Yeah, I got the e-mail today. Interesting that they announce it, but it's still the treble clef on their website.

View Post

and I was also looking at that e-mail thinking, "what's in it for me?" frown.gif

idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

idn_smilie.gif

Funny thats the first thing I did, was go to the website to see the "new look." Looks like the Communications and Branding department aren't in sync on this one.

I'm ok with that, as long as they "celebrate" the 30 yr anniversary.idea.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

idn_smilie.gif

Funny thats the first thing I did, was go to the website to see the "new look." Looks like the Communications and Branding department aren't in sync on this one.

I'm ok with that, as long as they "celebrate" the 30 yr anniversary.idea.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

Sweet! I wonder how much money they wasted paying someone to redesign their logo? And then I remember that they're massively in debt and probably declaring bankruptcy in a few months.

Good job MF! thumb.gif

Yep, rebranding costs ALOT of money.

I've heard about the bankrupty in other threads, but thought it was thrown out there in jest. Are they in threat of real bankruptcy, or just airline industry bankruptcy?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

Sweet! I wonder how much money they wasted paying someone to redesign their logo? And then I remember that they're massively in debt and probably declaring bankruptcy in a few months.

Good job MF! thumb.gif

Yep, rebranding costs ALOT of money.

I've heard about the bankrupty in other threads, but thought it was thrown out there in jest. Are they in threat of real bankruptcy, or just airline industry bankruptcy?

• Members

It's well-known-incidentally, GC and MF are the same company, essentially-and they sure aren't getting any help from the Federal Government ala the banks and auto manufacturers. Here's what I found with a quick Google search...

Excerpt from the Retail Column - Music Trades Magazine July 2012:

Notwithstanding solid operational performance, Guitar Center has been hobbled by a crushing $1.56 billion debt burden that was incurred in late 2007 when Bain Capital acquired the business for $2.2 billion. Since the acquisition the company has consistently operated in the red, unable to cover the approximately $160 million in annual interest expense. The Steady losses have triggered regular credit "downgrades" from the ratings agencies Standard & Poor's and Moody's. In the most recent downgrade, issued on May 8th 2012 Standard and Poor's wrote " We have downgraded Guitar Center's liquidity profile to "less than adequate" and revised our ratings outlook to negative from stable."

• Members

It's well-known-incidentally, GC and MF are the same company, essentially-and they sure aren't getting any help from the Federal Government ala the banks and auto manufacturers. Here's what I found with a quick Google search...

Excerpt from the Retail Column - Music Trades Magazine July 2012:

Notwithstanding solid operational performance, Guitar Center has been hobbled by a crushing $1.56 billion debt burden that was incurred in late 2007 when Bain Capital acquired the business for $2.2 billion. Since the acquisition the company has consistently operated in the red, unable to cover the approximately $160 million in annual interest expense. The Steady losses have triggered regular credit "downgrades" from the ratings agencies Standard & Poor's and Moody's. In the most recent downgrade, issued on May 8th 2012 Standard and Poor's wrote " We have downgraded Guitar Center's liquidity profile to "less than adequate" and revised our ratings outlook to negative from stable."

• Members

View Post

Only they really know. GC is privately owned by a company with vast sums of money to play with. And it owes over a billion dollars to other privately owned companies. So it could be that GC and its owners/creditors/partners have a plan to work all this stuff out. Or it could be that GC is three months from fiscal armageddon when creditors demand repayment this spring, resulting in a default to Fender that also takes Fender down. We won

• Members

View Post

Only they really know. GC is privately owned by a company with vast sums of money to play with. And it owes over a billion dollars to other privately owned companies. So it could be that GC and its owners/creditors/partners have a plan to work all this stuff out. Or it could be that GC is three months from fiscal armageddon when creditors demand repayment this spring, resulting in a default to Fender that also takes Fender down. We won

• 10 months later...

Archived