NGD: MIM Strat

bee3

• Members

Got my first real Fender last night...  traded an old keyboard for a Fender Mustang III and this blue MIM strat.  Kind of hating the pickguard and blue knobs...  I'm guessing a white pickguard, pickup covers, and knobs would be the way to go here?  I'm kind of a traditionalist...

strat2

strat1

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

White pickguard and black accents would be cool.

Of course, I think it looks fine as-as. HNGD! Any chance that's the 60th Anniversary MIM? They came in that color, I think.

No idea... how would I tell?

• Members

Um, it should have a special circular "badge" on the back of the headstock, a special neck plate (I'm pretty sure) and the pickups would be Tex-Mex. If it is that model, then the original owner swapped the stock white pearl guard for that blue one, as well as the pickup covers and knobs

• Members

Nice axe, big fan of maple fretboards on Strats. I'm kind of a high-contrast guy myself, so I'd have recommended white pearl pickguard and black covers/knobs, or black pearl and white covers. It would probably have come off the shelf with white everything (non-pearl).

• Members

hell, I don't even know what color this thing is and I'm staring right at it.  The guy who traded it said blue... looks sliverish to me.  Plain jane on the headstock... and neck plate, so I don't think it's a 60th anniversary.

Just looked up the serial number, and its from the years 2002-2003.  60th anniversary was 2006?

• 5 years later...

Archived