Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: MIM Strat

Got my first real Fender last night...  traded an old keyboard for a Fender Mustang III and this blue MIM strat.  Kind of hating the pickguard and blue knobs...  I'm guessing a white pickguard, pickup covers, and knobs would be the way to go here?  I'm kind of a traditionalist...

strat2

strat1

Attached Files

Yeah, that Strat would look great with a white p/g and white pup covers, HNGD!   Yes!

Attached Files

Comment

White pickguard and black accents would be cool.

Of course, I think it looks fine as-as. HNGD! Any chance that's the 60th Anniversary MIM? They came in that color, I think.
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• bee3
        bee3 commented
        Editing a comment

kayd_mon wrote:
        White pickguard and black accents would be cool.

Of course, I think it looks fine as-as. HNGD! Any chance that's the 60th Anniversary MIM? They came in that color, I think.

No idea... how would I tell?

Um, it should have a special circular "badge" on the back of the headstock, a special neck plate (I'm pretty sure) and the pickups would be Tex-Mex. If it is that model, then the original owner swapped the stock white pearl guard for that blue one, as well as the pickup covers and knobs
      Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

A black pearl pickguard might look really good with that color but white would definitely be more traditional.
        Modded Fender MIM Strat Traynor YCV80 2x12 Combo Effects

Comment

Nice axe, big fan of maple fretboards on Strats. I'm kind of a high-contrast guy myself, so I'd have recommended white pearl pickguard and black covers/knobs, or black pearl and white covers. It would probably have come off the shelf with white everything (non-pearl).

Yamaha BB404Fender Mexi Jazz, customizedYamaha TRB-1005Fender Highway-1 Strat, customizedEpiphone Les Paul, Worn BrownTakamine Jasmine acousticTaylor 114ce acoustic/electricPeavey 210TX+ext 2x2x10 comboFender Bassman 150 1x12h comboWhen shopping for an axe, you will probably find yourself negotiating with your checkbook. This is normal, but do refrain from talking to it out loud.

Comment

• ugameus
            ugameus commented
            Editing a comment

white or pearl pickguard with black accents is the way to go.

See, blizzard pearl looks silver in pics, and this looks silver on my phone. That's why I asked. If it's LPB, then nevermind!

Comment

• bee3
            bee3 commented
            Editing a comment

hell, I don't even know what color this thing is and I'm staring right at it.  The guy who traded it said blue... looks sliverish to me.  Plain jane on the headstock... and neck plate, so I don't think it's a 60th anniversary.

Just looked up the serial number, and its from the years 2002-2003.  60th anniversary was 2006?

Yes, '06 was the 60th Anniversary. Doesn't take away from your guitar, though, as that is a sweet finish, and MIM Strats rarely fail to impress, IMO.

Comment

Nice guitar man. I definitely would swap out knobs and pickup covers before changing the pickguard. it'll look completely different and won't cost anything to try before you buy a new pickguard.

Good deals with: ICFootball62, Osirisprotocol, D23dBaWxMy gear:2006 Fender Koa Stratocaster MIK2012 Fender USA Standard Stratocaster2011 Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster1990's Danelectro 56-U2 reissueAmerican Alder SX Hawk2011 Taylor 310CE2012 Takamine G340SCBogner Alchemist head 40w w/ marshall 2x12Late 90s Fender Blues Jr.Vox AD15VT hybrid combo amp

Comment

• DaleH
              DaleH commented
              Editing a comment

HNGD

Parchment with aged white nobs and tip.

Ooooh that Tele there is quite hot

Comment

I couldn't play a bone stock strat. I always had to do mods on mine except for a Dan Smith I owned that I liked

Comment

^you like rain on a parade?

Comment

No just stating my .02

Comment

mine is 4 sale usa strat 750.00 shipped as new with case - blizzard pearl -   tele0507@bellsouth.net

blizzard pearl.jpg

Attached Files
                  GUITARS
                  1991 Telecaster Plus with Tremelo (Modified)
                  1988 Gibson Showcase Edition Les Paul BLK/SILV
                  2007 Sunburst Flame Top Gibson Les Paul Standard
                  2012 Fender FSR Blacktop Ash Telecaster Sunset Orange/Gold

AMPS
                  Orange TH30, Marshall DSL40C

Effects
                  Fulltone CF-1, Moollon Apuarius(Delay), Carl Martin PlexiTone 2, Carl Martin AC-Tone 2, Dunlop chrome Wah,

Cabinet
                  Marshall JCM 1960B 4x12

Comment

Working...
                X