Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open letter to Scott Grove

Dear Mr. Grove,

While myself and many other watch your Youtube videos, you make references to "this brand being a sh*tty guitar, and that brand being a sh*tty guitar." and sometimes we agree with you. And sometimes not. Hey, it's America, we are allowed to do that.

I myself, agree that some brands need help in becoming a proper instrument. I have been a guitar tech for over 30 years, and sometimes go to schools, with tools in hand, and repair and set up the First Acts, Squiers, Epiphones, etc etc, that the schools and kids have to learn on. I don't charge for this because, hey, one day that kid whose Squier I fix, may be the next Hendrix. And also, since I have limited funds, it's my way of giving back.

You, on the other hand, with your nearly unlimited funds, well, do something about it. Take your vast wealth, and set up a guitar company, and build something of quality. Make them affordable, and of the quality YOU feel they should have. Keep them in the 200-300 range, much like the Rondo and Guitarfetish lines, which you despise, and put your money and supposed expertise, where your mouth is. PROVE to people that you know what you are talking about. Until then, shut up please.

Me

My Music: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=440762<br>Some of my guitars: 64 or so Domino Beatle bass; 70 Epiphone ET260 bass 73 Ibanez 2398; 79 Epiphone Genesis; 79 Manoman; 93 Fender Duo Sonic; 95 Ibanez JS-700; 04 Samick Lasalle JZ3: 05 Ibanez AS73; 07 Gary Kramer Simulator T and quite a few others.

Allow me to be the first to sign your "put up or shut up" petition.  -Wank

The most important thing I look for in a musician is whether he knows how to listen --Duke Ellington

Comment

• billybilly
      billybilly commented
      Editing a comment

Mr.. Scott Grove,

I find you to be the cancer of the internet, I've never made it more than a minute into one of your videos.  I'm curious why people are attracted to this negativity and slander.  Oh well, I know better.  May you one day become a human being capable of empathy which in turn, might provide you with opportunities to support yourself financially in a positive nature.

Billy

Dear Scott Grove, I have no idea who you are. Ive never heard of you till I saw this thread, but I'm pretty sure you will go down in history as a person absolutely no one remembers a decade or two after your death.

In other words, you are not thst important.

But do have a nice day.

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

I'm sort of embarassed I took the time to look at this post... would certainly not take the effort to write him.  He's a loud-mouthed, obnoxious ass, and acknowledging him in any way will only serve to legitimize his rants and egg him on.

Two types of people you don't want to argue with.... geniuses and fools. .....it helps if you can tell the difference.

Comment

• Bucksstudent
        Bucksstudent commented
        Editing a comment
        Dear Scott Grove,

You will no doubt find this thread while Googling yourself. I just want to say that I support your right to express your opinion and utilize Youtube in the way you see fit.

- Buck's Student

Who is Scott Grove, and should I care that people seem to find him boorish?

www.soundcloud.com/alamojoe

Comment

• Dr. Scottie C
        Dr. Scottie C commented
        Editing a comment

AlamoJoe wrote:

Who is Scott Grove, and should I care that people seem to find him boorish?

Here is 640 videos..... take your pick: http://www.youtube.com/user/groovydjs/videos

Some classics:

Pronounce and Spell correctly for dumb motherfuckers......

Musician Jokes for dumb motherfuckers:

Debunking Music & Guitar Myths for Dumb Motherfuckers....

Fender Tube Amp Versus WalMart Solid State Amp for Dumb Motherfuckers...

All other strings besides Elixers suck you dumb motherfuckers.....

@Scottie c

I see you found an excuse to slip a few more vids in.

Don't pick a fight with an old man,
      If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

Comment

• Dr. Scottie C
        Dr. Scottie C commented
        Editing a comment

knotty wrote:

@Scottie c

I see you found an excuse to slip a few more vids in.

You bet your broken English speaking ass I did.

If all it takes is a guy and his low quality camcorder to piss you off .....hell, that's good comedy there.

Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Greg Giraldo, and Howard Stern all built the careers on "piss off as many people as you can so they will listen to what you say next" comedy.....Maybe Grove needs to donate the guitars to people who can actually play and get a talk show like Rush drug-addict fat ass.

dear mess

i hope you find some peace

Comment

@ Scottie c
        It does not piss me off it ammuses me. I have never seen the same troll theme repeated 640 times before.
        Don't pick a fight with an old man,
        If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
          AJ6stringsting commented
          Editing a comment
          He should start his own line of gear and go heads up with the "big brands" ..... If his standards are as high as he demonstrates ( arrogantly) .... we could really benefit from this,.... :/

I love Scott's videos and happen to agree. For the money they charge, Gibson and Fender often put out total **** quality guitars that a brand like PRS would not do. I personally really like Scott's videos and think he knows his ****. Sure, he refers to most of the guitars I own as **** but to be honest, if you compare these rondo and squier guitars and fender guitars (which I have owned plenty of), to quality built instruments you notice many of the differences are stupid mistakes which could have easily been avoided and Scott is just trying to point out the manufacturers could do a lot more in terms of quality control. Just my 2 cents.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><u>Good deals with:</u> ICFootball62, Osirisprotocol, D23dBaWx<br><br><u>My gear:</u><br>2006 Fender Koa Stratocaster MIK<br>2012 Fender USA Standard Stratocaster<br>2011 Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster<br>1990's Danelectro 56-U2 reissue<br>American Alder SX Hawk<br>2011 Taylor 310CE<br>2012 Takamine G340SC<br>Bogner Alchemist head 40w w/ marshall 2x12<br>Late 90s Fender Blues Jr.<br>Vox AD15VT hybrid combo amp</div>

Comment

Dear Scott

Thank you for making videos that I can go make a coffee in the middle of and come back knowing that the actual subject matter will only have advanced by 6 seconds.

Chordite

Funny how minimalism goes on and on

Comment

Yeah and Scott thank you for informing me of the Peavey guitars. I got me a T-15 that is awesome and got it for not even two Franklins and the MIJ guitars as I also got me a Ibanez ST-50 that kicks butt as well.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, ScottGrove!

Please participate in more than just this thread; it will be more fun that way.

Also you might want to thank your biggest fan, Dr. Scottie C, for making you famous here.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• ScottGrove
                ScottGrove commented
                Editing a comment

Many thanks Kayd!  Scotty C.....thanks my PHD honored friend.  We'll see if any of the others can play nice.  Doubtful, but.....we'll see how they do.

Cheers,

Scott

Hey all, from the old forum I'm curseoftruth, a Hall of Fame, Geezer Brigade, and all the other stuff member. Long term user, hated the change and lost my name, post count and all that jazz.

And I'll insult him! But I expect to get insuled back so it's all good. I think those of us who put out opinions on the Web are used to it and it doesn't really mean much. I usually don't get insulted in guitar forums, mainly in political forums - I'm one of those nutty Libertarians so I disagree with everybody pretty much and I'm beyond opinionated. I piss off the Republicans and Democrats alike!

I've never heard of this guy until this thread. I took the bait and watched a few of the videos. Actually learned something from one video lol - but I don't think I can take anymore, the dude is a douche lol. Too much garbage, unneeded gabbing and douchery in between some good info (and some not so good info). I might shoot myself if that dude was my teacher, he's worse than my original teacher who made me learn Greatful Dead songs in the 70s when I was a wee-lad.

Where he is right, in one of the comments he agrees that Peavey gear is great for the money. 100% correct. But, he appears to be a Kiss freak, that should tell you everything you need to know - I've played some of those high end Washburn Kiss sig guitars and they sucked the hind teat. I know several Kiss freaks and they love that stuff just because it's Kiss, not because its good. And Scott, when you do a shoot out, keep this in mind - those responding are your newb (meaning don't know ****) students. They don't know anything so taking their views as gospel is suspect. Corts, played many, they suck. I keep hearing how good Corts are but I've yet to find one. Local mom and pop has new and some vintage ones, just not feeling it. They deal mainly in used gear.  Mexican Strats are dead and lifeless - you are just WRONG in saying a Mexican Strat is as good as any other Strat. I've done the leg work on that one myself. I played close to 50 in search for a MIM Strat and they all sucked. I bought a used Squier (Vintage Modified) over a Mexican Strat, sounded way better, played better, and just feels better. Also, telling people to go pawn shops to negotiate a price is dumb. Unless you live in BFE, pawn shops in big cities DO NOT NEGOTIATE, in fact they rip you off more than Guitar Center. People in China do not have the option to move out of a village where they support the Cort factory dip wad. A note on modding, many of us to it because it's FUN. And it's how we LEARN.

This guy is like the rest of us, he has an opinion - but he is wrong. I am always right. He is not. I do give him this, he speaks his mind, I do too and I get **** for it. So what. I've bit on the whole cheap guitar thing in the past because of this forum and frankly was not happy with any of the results. I don't think one of the recommended brands or guitars I got or tinkered with were worth it. But that is how we all learn and learn what we like. Research, playing everything, stumpling across stuff, trying fix or upgrade - it is an ever moving process. Still, I would not trade those experience for anything - I gained knowledge from it. Fortunately, I can afford to make those mistakes. It led me down a path of finding the best bang for the buck in vintage gear and that was just a happy accident. I play mid level Yamaha and Ibanez guitars from the 70s and early 80s. I play 80s Peavey amps. I own Gibson and Orange and other stuff that is expensive and it just sits gathering dust, but it just doesn't compare - in my opinion. And my opinion is right!

Brian H. - Guitars<br>Orthodox Fuzz<br>&quot;Worship the Riff at Ritual Volume&quot;<br>http://www.orthodoxfuzz.com<br>http://www.facebook.com/orthodoxfuzz<br>http://www.reverbnation.com/orthodoxfuzz<br>http://www.twitter.com/orthodoxfuzz

Comment

• brandass
                brandass commented
                Editing a comment

Welcome back, curseoftruth, try e-mailing Dendy (djarrett@harmony-central.com) to get your old account re-activated.  It took a long while, but he did come through for me in the end.

I have nothing more to add to this thread.  Live and let live, all around.  And enjoy the ride.

That sounds super lame, maybe I need some more caffeine...

As a dumb motherfukker, I'm sure he doesn't care what I think about him.
              We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• ScottGrove
                ScottGrove commented
                Editing a comment

Have you seen my new line of DMF merchandise?  Great stuff.  They are selling great for the holidays!

The hate is the oversaturation on the board. A few weeks back, there was a Scott Grove video posted every hour or so. His videos are overlong and sometimes knock things people like. So annoyance turned to hate, and not enough people get the joke.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• Bucksstudent
                Bucksstudent commented
                Editing a comment
                The joke is Scott Grove.

Ironic how some people now say they "don't have a problem with him" now that they know he posts here. LOL
            Working...
            X