Tradition Guitars

salzr

• Members

Does anyone have any of the Tradition LP or PRS copies? How would you say they stack up against some of the other copies like Agile, Xaviere (I know they don't do a PRS).....? Tried searching, but 'Tradition' pops up in a bunch of stuff... most of which doesn't involve the brand. Thanks!

• Members

I have 4 or 5 Traditions. What model are you looking at?

In general their quality is top notch........electronics are good......playability is excellent. In comparison to the manufacturers you mentioned, they are much better IMHO.

I had an Agile and have a Xavier. I like my Traditions better across the board. They don't get much love here, mostly because they are a small company, I think.

• Members

Thanks for the feedback..... mostly at the S-20 and S-2000s. I was pretty surprised at how well the S-20 played. Haven't come across a S-2000 in person yet to give it a shot. Have any idea what the main difference would be between the 2 besides the extra binding and country of origin?

• Members

I have an S-2003 I can't compare it to the @-20 sorry. I can compare it to an Epiphone LP Ulta. The Tradition has way better electronics, it's heavier and just has more depth to the tone.

0827061635a.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Also

P3041413.jpg

Is a GREAT guitar.

• Members

I've got a Tobacco Sunburst S20 (LP) & one of their tele models.

The s20 plays fantastic, sounds fantastic, looks fantastic. The tele also is excellent. The model I have has a bucker in the neck position which may be the best sounding neck bucker I have ever heard.

They are a very small company, kind of obscure but IMO they might be the most underrated guitars out there. When you pick them up, they feel like musical instruments, not a piece of crap like a lot of low priced brands.

My local guitar shop sells them, so I've seen and played many of their models.

They are solid, solid, solid and sound excellent.

Big thumbs up for Tradition.

He's got a S-20 goldtop hanging on his wall right now, I think it's going for $375. Very reputable guy, been doing business there for a long time.

http://www.asoundchoice.com/

• Members

ok here is the {censored}

my S-20

100_0589.jpg

100_0590.jpg' alt='>'>

and you can buy here call or e-mail and talk to Dennis he is a good {censored}.

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/

what I paid then

S-20 $279 In stock

JR $249.00 ( I will need to confirm finishes)

what I paid for shipping

$19.00 to ship... the fit and finish on these are very good, much better than the compettiion at this price point...

AND the pickups are EXCELLENT for this price range

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

They're not as thick as a gibson, but not as thin as a typical ibanez either. I'd say they have a Carvin feel to them. I own some carvin's and they feel similar, at least on the s2000's. Fantastic guitars, by the way. In the price/performance ratio, traditions slay Gibsons...

Gibson's are great, If you don't mind taking out a mortgage to buy them...

• Members

Got a chance to visit Tradition's operations in Fort Worth, TX and played a bunch of their guitars. Wow! I can't believe these things aren't all over the place. Most of the higher end models I played were additionally fitted with tremKing tremolos including a top of the line Jerry Reid model which was fantastic.

The pickups in all the guitars I played were fantastic, super hot. The sounded great split as well which allowed a mind boggling amount of different tones out of the Jerry Reid model. I suggested they sell the pickups direct as their currently revamping their website and they were way ahead of me.

They have a newer production model (MTP) with a semi hollow PRS vibe which was very nice as well as several semi hollows (MTA & MTL) with "t-holes" which played and sounded fantastic.

I'll have a full write up and some picks in the November issue of FrugalGuitarist.com and a review of their S20 in the December issue.

Got a chance to visit Tradition's operations in Fort Worth, TX and played a bunch of their guitars. Wow! I can't believe these things aren't all over the place.

That's what I've been trying to tell everybody!!!:lol:

Excellent quality guitars with excellent pickups.

• 5 years later...

Archived