Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradition Guitars

Does anyone have any of the Tradition LP or PRS copies? How would you say they stack up against some of the other copies like Agile, Xaviere (I know they don't do a PRS).....? Tried searching, but 'Tradition' pops up in a bunch of stuff... most of which doesn't involve the brand. Thanks!

I have 4 or 5 Traditions. What model are you looking at?

In general their quality is top notch........electronics are good......playability is excellent. In comparison to the manufacturers you mentioned, they are much better IMHO.

I had an Agile and have a Xavier. I like my Traditions better across the board. They don't get much love here, mostly because they are a small company, I think.
    HCGB #271

Comment

Thanks for the feedback..... mostly at the S-20 and S-2000s. I was pretty surprised at how well the S-20 played. Haven't come across a S-2000 in person yet to give it a shot. Have any idea what the main difference would be between the 2 besides the extra binding and country of origin?

Comment

They are terrific machines. Close your eyes and you won't know what name's on the headstock. They design their own pickups. I have 2 Tradition teles and an S20. Currently I'm looking at one of their PRS looking models. Sweet player and sounds great!
        Campbell UK-1
        http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
        https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

Love mine

Comment

I have an S-2003 I can't compare it to the @-20 sorry. I can compare it to an Epiphone LP Ulta. The Tradition has way better electronics, it's heavier and just has more depth to the tone.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Also

Is a GREAT guitar.
            HCGB #271

Comment

is there a retailer for tradition guitars in the States?

Comment

I've got a Tobacco Sunburst S20 (LP) & one of their tele models.

The s20 plays fantastic, sounds fantastic, looks fantastic. The tele also is excellent. The model I have has a bucker in the neck position which may be the best sounding neck bucker I have ever heard.

They are a very small company, kind of obscure but IMO they might be the most underrated guitars out there. When you pick them up, they feel like musical instruments, not a piece of crap like a lot of low priced brands.

My local guitar shop sells them, so I've seen and played many of their models.

They are solid, solid, solid and sound excellent.

Big thumbs up for Tradition.

He's got a S-20 goldtop hanging on his wall right now, I think it's going for $375. Very reputable guy, been doing business there for a long time.

http://www.asoundchoice.com/

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for the info....

Comment

ok here is the ****************
                    my S-20

and you can buy here call or e-mail and talk to Dennis he is a good ****************.
                    http://www.adirondackguitar.com/
                    what I paid then
                    S-20 $279 In stock
                    JR $249.00 ( I will need to confirm finishes)

what I paid for shipping
                    $19.00 to ship... the fit and finish on these are very good, much better than the compettiion at this price point...
                    AND the pickups are EXCELLENT for this price range

Comment

I think the Jr holds it's own with top MIM Fenders like my favorite Nashville tele. It even holds it's own with lower end MIAs. The Jerry Reid tele is just an 11 tones monster.
                      Campbell UK-1
                      http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
                      https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

i love my tradition s 20 but i am looking to sell it.
                        asking 500. i've only had for a couple of months and it doesnt have a scratch on it.

if you want more pictures or are interested in buying email me at agrayson93@gmail.com

Comment

i love my tradition s 20 but i am looking to sell it.
                          asking 500. i've only had for a couple of months and it doesnt have a scratch on it.
                          if you want more pictures or are interested in buying email me at agrayson93@gmail.com

Comment

i used to have a tradition paul it was before they changed a few things on em (inlays etc.)
                            it was my first electric
                            but i sold it to buy my ibanez
                            i tried going back to the store and buying it back but it was already sold
                            they are really great guitars and i wish i had it back
                            My band: The Letter 3

Comment

Whats the radius on Traditions?

Comment

Working...
                              X