Echopark Downtowner custom - Is this killer?

Visconti

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Looks pretty nice to me! I can even appreciate those cloudy-looking pickups. I would prefer the cutaway to be totally flush to the neck, but whatever. I like the P90 and humbucker combo, always nice.

The guitar has a very light relic and it's perfect if you ask me.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Well, then he carved 100 year old mahogany to look like First Act.

But I didn't really notice that.

First Act? What the hell is that?

The Echopark Downtowner looks like a cross between a vintage 1958 Supro Dual Tone and a vintage 1958 Gibson Les Paul Jr.

• Members

knotty wrote:

@ Visconti

If you knew that you would not have thought your monitors could fix a crap feed.

Your full of crap.

OK, so if you went to GC to buy a guitar you buy it for the color and pickups and you wouldn't ask what kind of wood the guitar is made out of? Swamp Ash or Alder it's all the same? Is that right?

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

Lol, he calls Epiphones phony when he shills a bunch of clones and design rip offs all day.

You don't get it.

I'd rather have one great quailty guitar than 10 guitars that are crap because they won't stay in tune or intonate because of poor fret placement.

It's about quality and not quanity.

• Members

The more you say it, the more you prove your ignorance.

Maybe some real bottom-of-the-barrel guitars have crooked frets, but most of these budget guitars are able to be intonated just fine.

Drool over your custom builders all you like. Some of the stuff is nice to look at, and I'm sure a lot of it is nice to play. But if you honestly think you can't tune up a budget guitar, and that you need to spend a ton of money to get something that can be intonated correctly, then you're either A) brainwashed by marketing rhetoric or B) so drunk on your custom-made Kool-aid that you can't be reasoned with anymore.

Whatever the case, you're a riot. So, so funny!

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

The more you say it, the more you prove your ignorance.

Maybe some real bottom-of-the-barrel guitars have crooked frets, but most of these budget guitars are able to be intonated just fine.

Drool over your custom builders all you like. Some of the stuff is nice to look at, and I'm sure a lot of it is nice to play. But if you honestly think you can't tune up a budget guitar, and that you need to spend a ton of money to get something that can be intonated correctly, then you're either A) brainwashed by marketing rhetoric or B) so drunk on your custom-made Kool-aid that you can't be reasoned with anymore.

Whatever the case, you're a riot. So, so funny!

What if the frets are not seated properly and you have buzzing?

• Members

I actually thought about emailing a few of these builders he brings up all the time to tell them about all the negative publicity they're getting here.

The first thread I read with this guy in it (a necro thread about something custom), I thought he was the builder, the way he got so upset with any criticism about the guitar.

Archived